Every second reviewer seems to use one, half the people seem to have it in thier sig as their gear, despite the fact that almost every single person saids its horrible...

what gives?
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
Cheap, mass-produced, cheap, bleh. I don't think they are the most produced though, think that would be a Twin, Hot Rod or Blues Jr. Not sure tho so don't quote me.
It's a good beginner amp... but that's it
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
The people in the guitar shop are very persuasive.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
for beginners it's probably up there as the most sold amp, but over all I would think the Marshall JCM series would be the most sold amp
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I work at a music store and the bottom line is they are really great to start on as you get to fiddle with all those effects at a low price were selling spider III 15 wats for 99.95
When pepople start to buy a guitar they are overwhelmed with how much they end up getting nickled and dimed and dont understand the importance of the amplifer and choose to cut that back
instead of not getting a stand they will lower their amp quality and such
Its just a beginners mistake that is hard to correct
Large majority of shops have high amount of stock of those (and MGs).
New/Newish player goes into the store and compares the prices and tone (which they're generally not going to have a good ear for) against what I'll call decent amps and...

BAM!

Sale.
I love all Line 6 stuff- and ive been using it for years!

BUT I dont play live.

I record with all their stuff, and its awesome! I have the original spider 112, and its better than its peers for the price!
Quote by ChrisN
Large majority of shops have high amount of stock of those (and MGs).
New/Newish player goes into the store and compares the prices and tone (which they're generally not going to have a good ear for) against what I'll call decent amps and...

BAM!

Sale.

What surprises me is all the people with hellraisers using them, and other very experienced people...

You know the person who did the kalmah vs floyd rose series? and EMG vs Duncan?

why? lol
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
Meh, they're a decent introduction to the guitar, you can get some half decent tones from the thing from a range of different genres if you tweak it a lot, plus discover what FX you like, and for beginners its a decent buy methinks
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

i personally think a spider 3 is a great amp to learn to play on. no sense buying your kid beginner guitar player a jcm800 combo with a full pedalboard when he cant get play a scale. plus if he breaks the spider 3 its not that big of a deal.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo