should be free to do as they please
6 21%
are my friend, I don't care paying over the odds for tickets
0 0%
I am a tout, screw you TS!
2 7%
Voters: 29.
What do you guys think of touts?

Should people be able to sell on tickets at a ridiculous price? Should it be only at face value?

How do you feel when you can't get tickets for that gig, only to find that hundereds of people have bought tickets solely to make a fortune?
I think the rule is here that they're not allowed to charge anything other than the full price, but if they say "how much will you give me?" then its ok for them to sell em higher, as they're not asking for more, so to speak. I think thats how it is at least.
-Gear-
Ibanez SR-500
Epiphone EJ-200
PRS SE EG (SSH version)
Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w
Ashdown ABM500 Evo II

Based in Birmingham, available for any bass work.
MSN or email narcolepsy_patrol@hotmail.co.uk
I think it's despicable that people would buy up the tickets from people who actually want them just to resell them to make a quick buck. That's one of the things I admire about Bruce Springsteen. I dunno if he still does, but he used to personally buy the first few rows of tickets at his concerts so that ticketing agencies couldn't get their hands on them and resell them for hooge monies. He'd then either sell them at the regular price or upgrade random audience members.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
I think auctioning on eBay or something is fine, since people are fully aware of what they are bidding and are prepared to pay that price.

Standing outside the venue and selling tickets at double face value though, is a disgusting exploitation of fans.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
I think auctioning on eBay or something is fine, since people are fully aware of what they are bidding and are prepared to pay that price.

I agree with this, but it's the buying of them simply to put on eBay is the part I'm against.

Quote by Skierinanutshel
i am guessing this in reference to a certain other thread?

Why would you think that?
Quote by saphrax
I agree with this, but it's the buying of them simply to put on eBay is the part I'm against.

True.

I guess it's more acceptable in certain situations. For example, if someone bought tickets months in advance, then later found out there was an unmissable occasion on that day (family event etc.), I think it's reasonable for them to auction or sell for face value. However, I am against people who buy popular tickets in bulk just to sell them for a profit.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-

I guess it's more acceptable in certain situations. For example, if someone bought tickets months in advance, then later found out there was an unmissable occasion on that day (family event etc.),

That's absolutely fine, sometimes you gotta change your plans!
Quote by -February-Star-
I guess it's more acceptable in certain situations. For example, if someone bought tickets months in advance, then later found out there was an unmissable occasion on that day (family event etc.), I think it's reasonable for them to auction or sell for face value. However, I am against people who buy popular tickets in bulk just to sell them for a profit.

This.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
People who buy them for the purpose of selling them again annoy me.

However, I bought 4 tickets to go and see Opeth a few months ago, and now one of my friends can't go so unless I can find someone beforehand, I plan on selling the ticket either on eBay, on here or when I get there and I wouldn't mind making a little profit.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand