hey guys,

im going to see said movie in an hour or so.

Looking forward to it a lot, i loved the game.

Any one seen it`?
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Not yet, but hopefully it stays true to the game.

Im not too sure about the guy they chose to be Max Payne either...
No but most movies based on games are very, very bad. Just be glad that Uwe Boll isn't directing it have fun, I hope it's good
Agreed ^ The were sick, hopefully this movie doesnt tank... I have faith in Mark Wahlberg, minus that disgusting excuse of a movie named "The Happening"
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
Quote by imdeth
No but most movies based on games are very, very bad. Just be glad that Uwe Boll isn't directing it have fun, I hope it's good

O:

UWE BOLL IS MY HERO O:

HOW DARE YOU? O:
You like it
It doesn't stay true to the game's plot.

The "bad guy" is a different person than in the game, and there's nothing to do with the mafia.

Mona Sax is some annoying O.C slut, and Bravura is Ludacris.

T'was pretty mediocre, although I was very fond of the visual all-around style which was true to the dark film noir feel of the game.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']It doesn't stay true to the game's plot.

The "bad guy" is a different person than in the game, and there's nothing to do with the mafia.

T'was pretty mediocre, although I was very fond of the visual all-around style which was true to the dark film noir feel of the game.

so would someone who has never played the games like it?
Quote by djmay71
OMG

eddievh2, you are a genuis, and true man of action

damn right

Quote by Zugunruhe

or else, how good are you at drawing penises?

lulz
Highly doubt it eddievh2.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
i don't dare read this thread, cos theres always some arsehole who puts in a massive spoiler.

So i'll let you guys know what i thought in a few hours time.

me and my mates are gonna take a few beers into the cinema with us, so should be a laugh
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by eddievh2
so would someone who has never played the games like it?

Probably more so than those who have played the game.

The plot is kind of hole-ridden though. It's "cool-looking" etc. but the more you think about the plot the worse it comes off.

It's reasonable though, there's no way they could've included the full story of Max Payne 1 into one movie. Without a montage, that is...
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']It doesn't stay true to the game's plot.

mona sax would be mila kunis .... yeah ... thats right

meg ****ing griffin from family guy ... playing mona sax .... i mean sure, she could be made up to look the part but as soon as she opens her mouth and that whiney voice comes out any chance of her being a convincing mona is killed.

oh and mark whalberg as max payne? why ... seriously why?

damn the departed for letting that man back into film, damn it.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Mila Kunis is ****ing incredible... to look at. I can't say I've ever seen her in a movie...

I don't think she has a particularly annoying voice outside of the Meg character.

But she's damn beautiful. I love her. Hard.
Why can people making video game movies never leave the plot alone? Making it into a commercial plot pisses off gamers and is never well-thought out enough for the intended mass appeal, so no-one enjoys the film. If they stuck to the framework of a game, it might at least become a cult classic.

Talking generally here, I haven't seen the film or played the game.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by tommyt
mona sax would be mila kunis .... yeah ... thats right

meg ****ing griffin from family guy ... playing mona sax .... i mean sure, she could be made up to look the part but as soon as she opens her mouth and that whiney voice comes out any chance of her being a convincing mona is killed.

oh and mark whalberg as max payne? why ... seriously why?

damn the departed for letting that man back into film, damn it.

Fuck. Yes, Jackie from 70s Show, not that O.C slut.

They could've cast some unknown guy as Max, or just the original finnish guy, although his English pronunciation is probably that of a drunken finnish rally driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by Habit Zero
Mila Kunis is ****ing incredible... to look at. I can't say I've ever seen her in a movie...

I don't think she has a particularly annoying voice outside of the Meg character.

But she's damn beautiful. I love her. Hard.

just so you know, the meg griffin voice is infact her voice

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9MV0CyahL8E

listen to that while picturing meg griffin ... and to be honest i doubt her talent for any accent because she voiced a character in saints row aswell and again just used her own voice.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I hope its amazing, cuz the same director is trying to get rights for a Duke Nukem movie.
So if this ends up well, im all for it.