So recently me and my friend were jamming together, and he complained that my Roland Cube 60 sounds too tinny, in a nutshell.
Im using a Fender Telecaster (MIM) with it and I've always loved the sound that I have with it, , and the friend in question has also said in the past that it sounded nice. Then, a couple of months ago he got a Marshall (DSL of some sort I think) which sounds really bassy compared to mine, and so he says that we are going to have to have matching tones if we are wanting to be in a band together.
And when he said this, I disagreed with him, but now I think he may be onto something, is he?

Also, now that I start to realise that perhaps the Cube 60 IS a bit tinny, what would be a good tube amp or valve or whatever (please bare in mind I don't really know that much about amps) for a heavy sound that will sound good with a telecaster, but also with good clean tones.
Actually, sometimes different tones are great in a band, if them compliment each other.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Telecasters are not the best guitars for "heavey sounds" you'd be better of with a guitar with humbuckers.
What about those Telecasters with humbuckers, just out of curiosity?

EDIT: Nevermind that question, just looked into it lol

Ok, so say I got a Les Paul like guitar, what would be a good amp that could handle the hard rock crunch, and at a push, a metal sound, but still be able to have a soulful warm sound?
you can probably get a full sized humbucker in that guitar.

i dont really suggest a stacked or railed single coil sized humbucker.
but that's up to you.

under the bridge there should be enough room for a humkbucker. you would just replace that bridge with one, with a bigger hole in it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by matttt
What about those Telecasters with humbuckers, just out of curiosity?

EDIT: Nevermind that question, just looked into it lol

Ok, so say I got a Les Paul like guitar, what would be a good amp that could handle the hard rock crunch, and at a push, a metal sound, but still be able to have a soulful warm sound?

the tele is alright if anything youll just need a diffrent pick up not a diffrent guitar, you got to be more practicle.
i think a good amp would be something like a marshall obviosly for that crunch and to be on the edge of metal.
JCM900's go for reasonable prices and might be just what your looking for.
what guitar did you use with his marshall. your tele may be the problem
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
what guitar did you use with his marshall. your tele may be the problem

No no, he used his Strat with the Marshall, I used my Tele with my Cube 60
Quote by matttt
No no, he used his Strat with the Marshall, I used my Tele with my Cube 60

there you go, it might have been his strat that was making the sound more full, not the marshall. try the tele with the marshall, then you'll know for sure if its the guitar or the amp thats causing the problem
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.