I made this thread mainly to get recommendations for books, but I guess you can post your requests here too. You never know, someone may recommend the perfect book for you.

Anyway, recently I finished reading Paolini's Inheritance Cycle (obviously not the fourth book yet; it's not out) and enjoyed it quite a bit. I've previously read the Lord Of The Rings books and remember enjoying them too. Anyone know of any good fantasy books I could get into, preferably a series of books, but I will consider all suggestions. Thanks!
A Song of Ice and Fire.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
American Psycho.

Do it now.

EDIT:

Oh fantasy, well read American Psycho ANWAY. But fantasy, look into Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, they are godly. My favorites from them are, The deathgate cycle, The Sovereign stone trilogy and their Dragonlance books such as The dragons of summer flame.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
WHeel of time and The riftwar saga (Magican:apprentice, Magician:Master, Silverthorn and a darkness at sethanon) is good
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
For fantasy, I recommend Terry Pratchett. A mix of fantasy, satire and very funny jokes (and you could read the books dozens of times and still not pick up on all the little obscure in-jokes).
Dark Tower series by Steven King. Not really fantasy like your probably looking for but, still a really good series.
The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer is pretty good

I just got done reading Angels And Demons by dan brown which was pretty good to so i reccomend it
Take 'em on Take 'em out Take a stand Take a bow
I picked up a complete collection of Kafka's short stories for 24 $. It has all his stuff except for the three novels (The Trial, etc.) and is really trippy stuff. Might not be "fantasy" the way you want it, but Kafka is definitely worth a read. I can't explain it. Start with The Metamorphosis.
I strongly second both House of Leaves, and The Dark Tower.

House of Leaves isn't traditional fantasy, but it does have some of the elements, in a more modern plot.

The Dark Tower series by Stephan King is great. The first three or four are some of the best books I've ever read. They were inspired largely by The Lord of the Rings.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
If you like fantasy with a twist of comedy read the "Thraxas" books. There is 7 of them but they read fast.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I made this thread a while ago...but under a different name, anyway.

Confessions Of A Tax Collector (AMAZING)
The Bush At War Series
The Laughing Jesus
Internal Combustion
The Ommnivore's Dillemma: A History Of 4 Meals
Civilization And Its Enemies
prob not what you want but some good reads-
harpo speaks- harpo marx
perfect sound forever, the story of pavement- rob jovanovic
eye mind(13th floor elevators)
A great book is Catch-22, its a good book for everyone. Its the first comedy I've ever read and its hilarious!
Well, wi ould recommend:
• Garth Nix's Seventh tower series and his Abhorsen trilogy
• The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books by Douglas Adams
• I strongly recommind The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (begenning af a new series)
• The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (also the wizard heir and the dragon heir)
• Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
• His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
• the Pellinor Series by Alison Croggon

to name a few
also i would recommend the Harry Potter books if you haven't read them already.
Quote by Victor Wooten
Frontbassman, You Win!
Also, Sig this or die!

^Yea you read right, Victor Wooten just gave me a complement.

Quote by kevin14u2nv

dude, in flames sucks.
all their music sounds the same

^ he listens to dragonforce
Cheers for all the suggestions everyone, I looked some up on Wikipedia. I liked the look of the Wheel Of Time series and the Dark Tower series, I might buy a couple next time I'm in town.
the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind
Very kinda...gay titles, but amazing fantasy novels nonetheless
Quote by Kensai
I'd light pigs on fire and send them at him. That'll show him who's the boss.

Quote by neopowell
If I could give myself head I'd never go out. What makes that even more tragic is I'm not out right now...but I still can't give myself head. It's not fair.
Quote by will4287
Dark Tower series by Steven King. Not really fantasy like your probably looking for but, still a really good series.

Yes. Especially the first four books are genius.

EDIT: Salem's Lot and It by Stephen King. They're both horror, but the best ones he has written aside The Dark Tower series.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Oct 17, 2008,
If your looking for fantasy, i would recommend the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan. i have read the first three and while the first book is slow to start because of the story build up, you still don't want to put the book down. Pretty sure someone else recommended this series too.

As for just any book i would recommend Anthem, by Ayn Rand. Its a very intelligent book and i really enjoyed it. It just really makes you think.
sex is like math: you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray to god you don't multiply.

currently been playing guitar for: 12-13 months
Anthem / Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged / Ayn Rand
The Fouintainhead / Ayn Rand
and if you could get through those three i trust you to be smart and determined enough to get her others.

And don't read the Twilight series. Its a flaming piece of poorly written crap. SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLE!
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
Lord Of The Rings. To all the people who hype the movies to anything special

Other than that. I really like Hemingway and Orwell.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
aside from Lord of the Rings, the best books I have ever read BY FAR, (just happen to be epic fantasy,) are -
The Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone by Greg Keyes
****in amazing.
4 books - The Briar King, The Charnel Prince, The Blood Knight and The Born Queen

edit - to all the Dark Tower fans, I loved the first book, but after that i felt it go downhill. Like in a big way. I read the 2nd and 3rd but i couldn't finish the fourth.
A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.

Seriously. 10x better than Wheel of Time, and Wheel of Time is amazing. You will not regret reading these books.
on another note, does anybody have anything to say about Dean Koontz? i've been thinking about getting into his stuff, but i've heard bad things about his books...

edit: to the guy above, Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials is amazing
hunchback of notre dame
fifth business
three musketeers
treasure island
moby dick
Call me Jack