i know there is no for sure answer on this
subject but i still wouldnt mind hearing
what you guys think.

So anyways, my Bc rich Son of Beast is getting old and it doesnt play like it used to so im looking for a new guitar, but i am stumped and slightly over-whelmed by all the guitar brands and opinions out there.

basically what im looking for in a guitar is good sound. i play in a thrash band and that low death metal like growl is always a welcoming sound, also, i hate the mild shaped guitars. like i dislike the generic shape of fenders ect ect.

i have been told by friends to check out Dean, Esp, Bc rich, and Jackson. they all look pretty solid but i cant decide.

anyone have an idea?
I have lots of them ideas.
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
Seriously now... I have an ESP and it does the heavy stuff pretty well...

But I suggest you to go to the electric guitar forum for more serious opinions.
Quote by ledhead67
I need some more info to help. Do you like heavy or light guitars? Do you like bolt on necks set necks or neck thrus? what is your budget? Do you like thick necks or thin?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by biteme020
haha. i feel like such a noob. isnt this the electric guitar forum? xD

LOL yes it is...

omg I seriously need some sleep >_>
Quote by ledhead67
anyone know why people seem to favour Esp over Dean? my buddy who has been playing guitar for about 5 or so years ditched his jackson for a dean. he says it gets the job done =\
Schecter all the way... i own a hellraiser and its awesome for metal. its got a set neck, active emgs, and is just killer all around.
LOL yes it is...

omg I seriously need some sleep >_>

ahahaha!!! ahhh its k, we do to. hell. im at school atm. w/e. guitar ftw =p
Schecte? my buddy has a bass from Schecter. =\ hmm. its the shape i dont like haha...i know. its not about the shape..but i like my pointy things xD
sounds like someone wants a dean razorback. ive played alot of metal guitars and schecter is good, but for the sound i think u are goin for, ull want a razorback. if u dont have the cash for that kinda thing, then Schecter would be a very good, less expensive alternative
haha i can spend up to $1,200. i take my guitars pretty seriously. ive seen and played a razorback before and im pleased with it. but alot of people like the say how crap they are =s
hmmm. well i gotta go. but if anyone still wants to let me know what they think of which guitar i would like feel free to message me, =D
Well, I'm not entirely sure on this guitar, but this guitar looks pretty good.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-RR5-Rhoads-Pro-Electric-Guitar-512238-i1147623.gc

I'd at least try it. But I'm not sure if you want 22 frets or 24, because this only has 22...

If not, then you can always get this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-RR24-Randy-Rhoads-Snow-White-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs-512578-i1275084.gc

But you'd have to sacrifice the neck pickup, but it's a solid guitar.

And just to ask, what's yer amp, to see if we have to split your budget between amp and guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Oct 17, 2008,
Opinions are like a$$ holes, every ones got one. but seriously, 3/4 of your answers are going to be LTD/ESP. this forum is saturated with that answer.

Check out Jackson, Dean and or Schecter, they make some pretty high quality guitars.
If you like them pointy shapes, sounds to me like you want a Dean Razorback, or maybe one of those Dean Explorer-shape (the Z or whatever they call it).

Personally I can't stand Dean's because of the headstock and also their "flashy" look and also can't stand "pointy" shapes with the exception of the Jackson Rhoads.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by biteme020
anyone know why people seem to favour Esp over Dean? my buddy who has been playing guitar for about 5 or so years ditched his jackson for a dean. he says it gets the job done =\

ESPs more preferred cause they have much better quality guitars, has some of deans cheaper guitars (around $400) have some quality issues.
but since you have $1,200, you dont really have to worry, because its really that LTD is preffered over dean, not ESP. ESP is the higher end stuff.
i say try a bunch out, but since u like the crazy stuff, why not a dean explosion razorback?
What about a Xiphos or an Iceman?

Dude from Necrophagist recently switched to a Xiphos if memory serves.