Over the last year or so i've been recording here and there with insufficient recording equipment and I feel it's time for me to buy some decent stuff. I've decided on these products -

Shure SM57 (Mic) http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/3010

E-MU 0202 USB http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/15384

And I'm also thinking of investing in FL Studio.

OK To the point : I'm wanting to know what leads I'll need for this setup, I'll probably be inputting my bass guitar directly into the interface and directly imputting my electric drums into it aswell, and also I'll be recording my guitar sound from my amp obviously with the mic. Could you give me the names and types of leads I'll need for the whole setup, mic to interface, drums to interface etc.

Thank you!

P.S I'm a bit of newb when it comes to recording so please correct me or give me advice if i've stated anything which doesn't quite make sence.
The kit you have is fine. You'll need TRS leads to connect your drum kit/bass etc. and an XLR lead to connect the mic (male to female).

I would also recommend a program other than FL Studio, unless you intend to carry out MIDI work. FL is decent for MIDI, but it isn't great for audio work. If you do plan to do some MIDI work, I'd still recommend getting another program cheaply to import the FL files into and then record your audio within that.

I'd recommend you download Reaper, which has a cheap, $40 licence. You can then use FL to make MIDI loops and tracks etc, then export into Reaper for recording.

I think this setup will be far better for you. MIDI work can be carried out effectively in Reaper as well, so you wouldn't need FL at all, unless you want it specifically.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
The kit you have is fine. You'll need TRS leads to connect your drum kit/bass etc. and an XLR lead to connect the mic (male to female).

I would also recommend a program other than FL Studio, unless you intend to carry out MIDI work. FL is decent for MIDI, but it isn't great for audio work. If you do plan to do some MIDI work, I'd still recommend getting another program cheaply to import the FL files into and then record your audio within that.

I'd recommend you download Reaper, which has a cheap, $40 licence. You can then use FL to make MIDI loops and tracks etc, then export into Reaper for recording.

I think this setup will be far better for you. MIDI work can be carried out effectively in Reaper as well, so you wouldn't need FL at all, unless you want it specifically.

Thank you! Very helpful
actually,
you could ditch FL entirely and just get reaper,
i use Reaper for everything, MIDI and Audio, no trouble at all