Okay so with pinches there's nodal points on the string where you strike with the pick buuuuuutttt... What I'm wondering is: Does the nodal points on the string change depending on where I'm fretting?

For example if I fret at 7 and do a pinch harmonic, then I go for one at 12 or something, will I have to find a new nodal point? Or will it stay the same?
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
I use the same nodal point no matter what fret i'm playing.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Yes, as you effectively change the length of the string by fretting it, the location of the harmonic would change. It's all physics.

However, I do the same thing as the guy above me so lol.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
They change. To find the same octave of a harmonic on a higher fret, it usually moves upward...and to find the same octave lower it moves down the string.... Higher pitches are higher up, just think of it that way.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
yes, it'll move.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To elbourate slightly:

Yes they do move but don't worry about it that much, with practice you'll be able to get the one you want without even pausing for breath, let alone actually thinking about it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you always pinch on the same spot some of your harmonics are going to sound way more aggressive than others. You're probably using different points automatically.

It's great that there's multiple points for pinch harmonics, sometimes during a solo I play a lick all pinch harmonics in one area and then play the same riff with pinch harmonics closer to the bridge. Totally different sound but the left hand is doing the same.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73