I'm getting ready to buy a new 7 string and need some input from u guys... I currently have a schecter c1 hellraiser 6 string and love it to death, i've narrowed it down to 2 different ones but need help. I'm either getting the schecter c7 blackjack or the c7 hellraiser. the blackjack has seymore dunkin blackout pickups and the hellraiser has emg 707s. which pickups sound better for metal???
both sets of pickups are good for metal. If I were you I'd get the blackjack, just because you already have a hellraiser.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
the hellraiser is a 6 string though and i plan on getting an avenger 6 string after i get my 7 of course...
The Blackouts are an improvement over the EMG's, in my opinion. It's like they took EMG's and made them far better, then marketed them. I will say though, with 7 strings, an active pickup is pretty much irreversible. You can get passives then go active, but if you go active, and want passives later on, you're going to have a rather ugly gap to fill.
The hellraiser 7 is VERY good, the normal 7 blackjack is good and the ATX is just about on par with the hellraiser, but good luck getting them if your in the UK :/
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Barker686
the hellraiser is a 6 string though and i plan on getting an avenger 6 string after i get my 7 of course...

yeah but it's the same body style, just a fatter neck. I like to mix it up. I have Ibanez, Fender, Jackson, Dean, BC Rich, Titan, and Kingston guitars lying around, I like variety!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Widow6
The Blackouts are an improvement over the EMG's, in my opinion. It's like they took EMG's and made them far better, then marketed them. I will say though, with 7 strings, an active pickup is pretty much irreversible. You can get passives then go active, but if you go active, and want passives later on, you're going to have a rather ugly gap to fill.

Listen to him ^