Ok, I'm looking into investing in a guitar of some sort, either an electric guitar or electric bass; I'll go a bit deeper...
Ok, so I've wanted one for ages now, but I can't decide... I like the guitar as I could play known songs which I couldn't do with bass. But I've always been a rhythm perso, and I always listen for basslines in songs and stuff...I can't choose! I listen from stuff like RHCP and RATM to Slipknot and Metallica...Oh, and one last thing, I'll be mainly playing on my own, so if I play bass would it be lonely? I love both, but I can't choose...Please help me!

EDIT: I also get an erection over listening to this
Last edited by Lollage123 at Oct 17, 2008,
There are arguably more possibilities with a guitar, so I would say that if you're not sure what you want to play, and you don't have a particular hankering for da bass; go for guitar.
Quote by blue_strat
and you don't have a particular hankering for da bass; go for guitar.

Oh, gotta say that I nearly wanked over bass. NEARLY. And I think they look better.
Start with guitar. It'll be much easier later on to switch from guitar to bass than from bass to guitar.
Quote by general14lee
Start with guitar. It'll be much easier later on to switch from guitar to bass than from bass to guitar.

+1
im thinking about learning bass soon
Quote by general14lee

Not true. Most guitarists have such inaccurate timing they actually make poor bass players.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Not true. Most guitarists have such inaccurate timing they actually make poor bass players.
Stereotypes are just plain silly.

I'm a drummer. I have excellent timing. I play guitar fairly well. I can't play bass to save my soul. Timing is NOT an issue.

My very best friend is a bassist, the best i know personally. he plays piano well. and guitar, too. he can't play drums worth a shit.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.