Since my birthday is coming up, I'd figure I'd upgrade my guitar. Originally I thought about switching the bridge plate on my Tele and making room for a humbucker in the bridge. But, after doing some researching bridge plates with humbucker slots are about 90 mm wide, and my bridge plate now is about 80 mm wide.

So, if I were to get a new humbucker in the bridge slot, I'd also have to get a new pickguard, since the one now wouldn't be wide enough for the new bridge plate to fit in. So I can either get a new single coil pickup, or get a new bridge plate, humbucker, and pickguard, and since I don't know any installation, I'd have to pay for labor too.

Any suggestions on what I should do???
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Depends on what kinda music/tone you want to play/have.

You can get a hot rails for the bridge if you're lookin for a humbucker tone, and it fits in single coil slots. I've got one in my strat.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Depends on what kinda music/tone you want to play/have.

You can get a hot rails for the bridge if you're lookin for a humbucker tone, and it fits in single coil slots. I've got one in my strat.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SHR1-Hot-Rail-Stacked-Single-Coil-Pickup?sku=300300

This is what you mean right?

I was already considering that. How do you like yours??
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Those Hot Rail pickups look like a great idea, I've never heard one before, but I'm sure it's still perfect for what you want. (I'm assuming you want a distortion pickup?)
F*ckin love it, man. It's got great tone and high output. It rips, and my strat sounds great with it.

Couldn't be happier with it. I actually play my strat more than my Ibanez anymore.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Those Hot Rail pickups look like a great idea, I've never heard one before, but I'm sure it's still perfect for what you want. (I'm assuming you want a distortion pickup?)

yep a distortion pickup is exactly what I want. will it fit in my tele tho? on musicians' friend's website, the hot rail isn't listed in the tele pickup section
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
It's a single coil, so yeah it'll fit in a tele. Most of the time, people put them in Tele's.

Can definately be done. A guy I know has one in his Tele, and lemme tell you - it actually melts my strat's tone completely. It's ironic.

I still like my strat better, though.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
It's a single coil, so yeah it'll fit in a tele. Most of the time, people put them in Tele's.

Can definately be done. A guy I know has one in his Tele, and lemme tell you - it actually melts my strat's tone completely. It's ironic.

I still like my strat better, though.

Sounds like a plan )
I'm going to GC tomorrow to take a closer look at it
Thanks for all your help man
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
No sweat. Glad I could help.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you