...is buying a TC electronic g major worth it?

My amp already has a half decent reverb on it, but i guess i would quite like some chorus. But i don't have a very good tuner, or a noise gate, which i could really do with. (the TC has these)
Is it worth paying the £250 for the TC or should i just get a noise gate and tuner seperatley, and just use the amps reverb?
I'd say it's worth it if you're gonna use all the effects. Otherwise, just get a isp decimator, a small stone, and a korg pitchblack.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'm assuming you're considering whether to get a multi-effects pedal or not. Typically, the effects on a multi-effects pedal aren't as good as a stand-alone pedal, nor are they as customizable. However, it's typically the cheaper, more practical route. It's up to you whether it's worth it or not.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
^While I agree, the TC is a very upscale pedal that consists of only effects (unlike a typical multi which has amp models and the such). It's a nice pedal, but ultimately a waste if you're not gonna use all of it.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd say it's worth it if you're gonna use all the effects. Otherwise, just get a isp decimator, a small stone, and a korg pitchblack.

i agree. all those pedals are fantastic.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
wow, the ISP is pretty expensive, i dont think i could aford that. Is the boss noise supressor good as well?
Not as good, but on a budget I'd think it would be fine.
Ok cool, btw Kevin... does your f30 make a lot of noise? My f100 on low volume seems to make quite a bit, compared to my friends solidstate...?
No, it's pretty quiet until I crank the gain and start turning some boost pedals on. Maybe yours isn't getting grounded properly, your guitar is noisy or you have noisy tubes. If you still have the stock mesas then I'd suggest swapping them out, I found them to be fairly bland.
I do have the stock mesa tubes yeah, going to swap them for some JJ's.
Well most of my noise actually comes from my EQ pedal. Come to think of it, when my amp has no pedals connected and is not up against a mains socket the noise isnt bad.
Yeah, those are exactly top flight pedals you're runnin' there. You ought to do that amp some justice and give the old stompers an upgrade.