how far can you stretch from the first fret?

i mean cleanly go e.g 1,5,1,5,1,5 ish

just curious
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
i can cleanly go up a whole octave. its kinda simple.

edit: oh i was just joking. i didnt understand so i said a random thing. what i meant was i can go cleanly to 2nd fret 4th string.

now that i get what you mean, i would say i can prob go to the sixth fret, depending which guitar im using and the scale length n stuff.
Do NOT look behind you.
Last edited by c_man471 at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by c_man471
i can cleanly go up a whole octave. its kinda simple.

hahahaha

i can get 1 to 7 or 8
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
1 to 6...

I wish to split open my hand...
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
1-6 and 5-12
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
I can stretch about 2 octaves.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
1-6. And it's never limited my playing in anyway to not be able to reach the 7th fret. Being able to do huge stretches is overrated.
12-24 and 4-12 are my best; I'm not sure which is a wider stretch. However, such stretching is a mere dick-measuring contest. Any interval that wide should have the lower note played on a lower string, or tap it if you want the legato sound.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
tap it if you want the legato sound.

Now there is a much more useful ability right there (tapping). Take this - 12h16-h19p16p12. 16th notes. Not such a crazy stretch at all, just a little bit of a reach for most people. Now lets say that you can learn to comfortably go in and out of tapping mode in the space of an 8th note at a fairly fast tempo. So, you can do this, 12h16t19p16p12. Well, what's the big deal since they sound almost identical? The difference is that using the tapped approach, using the same technique and no increase in difficulty, you could play, say 10h12t19p12p10 (painful/impossible for most people with only the LH), or even 5h8t17p8p5 (flat out impossible with LH only).
So to me, it makes a lot more time to spend my time working on a technique that's really versatile (tapping), than worrying about how far I can stretch.
Some stretching is necessary, of course, I was just talking about the crazy ones. To me, anything covering 5 frets (like the 1-5 part above) is a no brainer. 6 frets is borderline. For example, I'd probably stretch for 5-8-10. 7 frets, I start thinking about putting it on a different string or tapping it.

Quote by Freepower

That said, the length of my dick is approximately the same as Sue's.

Yup, I was quite impressed by the length of Sue's dick, um, I mean reach. Especially since the fairer sex usually have smaller hands.
Last edited by se012101 at Oct 18, 2008,