I'm trying my hand at building a Strat, and I could use some guidance concerning trems. I'm thinking two-point, and I'm deliberately staying away from locking trems (don't need the aggrevation), and I don't do a lot of dive bombs anyway.

The Fender trem bridges for the American Standard and the American Deluxe sound ok, but I'm wondering how they compare to a Wilkinson. What I'm going for sound-wise is bright, with a lot of sustain. I'd be matching this up with an ash body, maple fingerboard, locking tuners and a self-lubing nut (graphite or a synthetic).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
I think the vintage style trems are plenty bright, you could just just the outside two screws to make it a pseudo two point. For the sustain, get a larger brass sustain block and set up the trem to rest against the body. All that combined with a good nut ought to give it good sustain.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^ yeah. or alternatively, get one of those two-point wilkinsons (or the 6 point which functions a bit like a 2-point) with the bent steel saddles.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?