Hello!

Just received my Clapton Custom Shop Strat today and I've gotta say it's the best sounding guitar I've heard, it feels great, looks great and sounds great, definitely gonna take some getting used to but it really does a great all round job. Everything is perfect...

...except, Clapton clearly likes his action low, and that's how the Custom Shop had it set-up, I also like my action as low as possible without fret buzz, however it does have some degree of buzz on 2 strings, so I decided to heighten the action, I popped the allen key/wrench in nice and carefully on the screws on the saddles, turned it and it just slips, so I'm kinda stuck?!.

I'm not that up on the technical sides of guitars, I know the basics and some general maintenance, really, I just love playing them and have a real passion for it. So what I wanna ask is: can I get spare saddle screws (for vintage strat saddles from a synchronized vintage tremolo system)?

Help 'll be appreciated, thanks, Mike.
Since this IS GG&A, I have to ask, what amp are you playing this through?

Buttt, ebay, guitarfetish, stewmac, places like that should sell it.
What you could do is completely remove those two saddles and take the adjustment screw out. On the bottom side cut a shallow groove with a hacksaw and take the screw out that way. The reinstall it where the slot is up and it's now adjustable like a tele bridge.

Or get a slightly large allen wrench.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by mcrfobtai
Since this IS GG&A, I have to ask, what amp are you playing this through?

Buttt, ebay, guitarfetish, stewmac, places like that should sell it.

Only using a Line 6 Spider iii 30w for now, not really a good enough match for a custom strat I know, can't afford a proper tube amp yet though and thought something with modeling would be somewhat better than a basic solid state for now, Hoping to get a fender 57 of some sort though in the future.

Btw, I've just found THESE after a long hunt around the Fender website; I'll just order some of them or pick some up at a local shop.

Quote by Eight_Ball
Only using a Line 6 Spider iii 30w for now, not really a good enough match for a custom strat I know, can't afford a proper tube amp yet though and thought something with modeling would be somewhat better than a basic solid state for now, Hoping to get a fender 57 of some sort though in the future.

Btw, I've just found THESE after a long hunt around the Fender website; I'll just order some of them or pick some up at a local shop.

Tsk tsk tsk.

But yeah, guitarfetish and other places should do them.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild

This is really a problem. That thing is like 2.5 thousand ****ing dollars and you are playing it through a SPIDER? Yes, you CAN in fact afford an AMAZING amp for that much and still have plenty for a great guitar. That kind of cash? I'd get a Splawn and a decent guitar. Almost all of your tone comes from your amp.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Oh no, thats just sad.

Agreed, haha!

I will get a tube amp as soon as possible though, don't worry, by the way, I payed £1495 here in Britain, I think that's just below $3000 isn't it ?
Last edited by Eight_Ball at Oct 17, 2008,
Are you sure that the problem is the screw?Could be the allen wrench.I find that the tools that come with the guitars are pretty cheap.I would also contact where you purchased the guitar from or Fender directly.I would think they would send you replacement screws if not a couple new saddles..
Last edited by Strat-agist at Oct 18, 2008,
If it's a custom shop guitar, and you just got it, I'd call Fender and tell them to fix it, and tell them to do it for free.

Also: If you are going for the clapton sound, get a Victoria Tweed clone.