Right now i've got a squier that sounds pretty good, the pickups have been replaced to seymour duncans. I'm looking for a les paul type guitar that can play classic rock, alternative rock, metal, and buckethead type music.

I've been thinking about getting an ibanez ART, a LTD EC500, or a epi Les Paul Custom.

Any suggestion?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

that ec-500 is pretty much a less suited up version of the 1000 its sounds almost the same but with less pazazz. but to be honest tone is all in the amp but ec is a quality guitar. the epi not as much but decent with a good pickup it can do wonders for ur tone
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
the Epi les Paul cust is a decent axe. If you like that style, check into a Dean Cadilac. It's a little bit less conventional than a les paul but similar, I think you'll like it!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
the Epi les Paul cust is a decent axe. If you like that style, check into a Dean Cadilac. It's a little bit less conventional than a les paul but similar, I think you'll like it!

good idea i have no clue about deans in that range but u def want to try it b4 u buy because deans are nitoursly(sp?) cheaply made
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
good idea i have no clue about deans in that range but u def want to try it b4 u buy because deans are nitoursly(sp?) cheaply made

I've not run into a bad Dean (I'm not saying they don't exist, I've just not run into one)
I have a Vendetta 3.0 and a Vcoustic, both were purchased on a whim and both well met my standards of playability (not the pickups though) and I've been playing for 22 years. Perhaps I am just lucky! Or just really adaptable...
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!