I've noticed If i play any C note (while the guitar isn't plugged in) The note resonates through the guitar even after i stop the string vibrating but It doesnt happen for any other note, why is that?
all guitars have a natural resonance to them and some are more pronounced than others. thats just the frequency that your guitar neck, body, and joint like vibrating at the best. my ibanez semi hollow does something similar with the open D
There's a phenomenon in wave physics where a vibrating structure, X, will cause a second structure, Y, to vibrate as well. This occurs when X vibrates at the resonant frequency of Y. The note C just happens to be the resonant frequency of your guitar.

You can look up a lot more on resonant frequencies in any college or even high school physics textbook or with an online search such as Google or Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonance

There's some good stuff on there; ignore the math if you don't get it and just read the theory. I find the collapse of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge to be a quite interesting display of resonant frequencies.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by bangoodcharlote
There's a phenomenon in wave physics where a vibrating structure, X, will cause a second structure, Y, to vibrate as well. This occurs when X vibrates at the resonant frequency of Y. The note C just happens to be the resonant frequency of your guitar.

You can look up a lot more on resonant frequencies in any college or even high school physics textbook or with an online search such as Google or Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonance

There's some good stuff on there; ignore the math if you don't get it and just read the theory. I find the collapse of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge to be a quite interesting display of resonant frequencies.

cognitive ability and factual memory are seperate psychological entities boo ya to you sir
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
cognitive ability and factual memory are seperate psychological entities boo ya to you sir
Despite the fact that "A Boy Named Sue" is a rather famous song, do you know any men named "Sue?"

I'm not sure what you're trying to say to me, but I think it's that I'm merely spewing facts from Wikipedia rather than actually understanding the concept. This is, frankly, ridiculous.
yep, I have a couple of acoustics hanging on the wall, and every time I play loud music from my computer, they both vibrate G.