So I currently have 10's on my ibanez but I'm not really liking the feeling, every time I've played a guitar in a store or something with elevens I've liked them much better. The problem is that they were mainly 24.75" scale instead of 25.5" so they were only a little tighter than my tens.

I was just wondering how many of you used elevens on 25.5" scale guitars and used them for mainly standard or drop d. Are bends obnoxiously hard on the lower frets? Are they overly tense in standard and drop d?

The guitar i think is made to have 10's on it so I was wondering if switching to 11's would cause nut problems, i don't really want to file them down incase I ever decide to change my gauge again.

Any other tips or info would be great.

Thanks guys!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
i think some companies make 10.5s (DR, i think?). might be worth considering if you want a similar tension to 11s on 24.75".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I switched to 11s on my yamaha tele copy that has a 25.5 scale, and I love it. bends are not hard on any frets. I only had to file one slot on the nut, and it was 1 or 2 light brushes with a file, I could easily switch back to 9's or 10's without issues. I have my guitar in standard tuning, and it plays nicely. The neck is fine, even though this neck is not the strongest neck ever (I bought this guitar off some guy for $50, this sure isn't a top-of-the-line guitar). Also, there are different sizes of 11's, I got a set of 11-48, but there are different sets available, from 11-46 up to 11-70 (or even a set of 11-20, for a very sharply tuned guitar, used in country music). I'd go for 11-46 if you only want the top 3 strings to be thicker and you dont want to touch the nut, but if you dont mind a quick brush of one of the slots (or not, different nuts are different sizes and it is possible your nut is wide enough for 11's), get 11-48s or 11-49s.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
i use 11's on 25.5 scale guitar, its fine in standard tuning
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Same. I have Ernie Ball custom gauge .11's (.11 on the high E to .54 on the low E) and I use almost only standard and drop D.
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
How about truss rod adjustments, is that a definite?
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
.11's on a 25.5 scale in standard tuning is fine. I've got .11-.50 ghs boomers on one of my guitars and it's not hard to bend at all, and I'v got pretty weak fingers. You probably wont have to adjust the truss rod if your going from .10's. I didn't have to but you might, depends on your guitar.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Another quick question was this:

I think my 20th fret is low (nearly positive) So i just have to keep my action a little higher. It's only really a problem when i have my action too low, my 20th fret on e string doesn't really make a noise. Would this problem probably get better or worse or not be affected by 11's?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab