Page 1 of 2
Alright, I don't have it yet, but I'm going tonight in a few minutes, I'll post my review and how badly they ****ed up this movie, or potentially how awesome it is, when I get back.

If anyone else is going tonight
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i await your review. they picked some bad actors for this movie..mila kunis..rly!?
"Want a review? Too bad, fucker! Ah-hahaha!"

What a waste of a thread.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Wesseem
i await your review. they picked some bad actors for this movie..mila kunis..rly!?

yeah what were they thinking ?!!
One
We are one
one is the beginning
are you one Herbert?

I'm not Herbert
... Ok?
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Really wanted this movie to be good. The trailer looked awesome (albeit a little too "Constantine"), and like the first 15 mins was good too (good shots, actually interesting, kinda captured the gritty feel of the game).

And then the rest of the movie was cliche as shit, badly written, horrible plot development with like 10 mins of cool action.

I think the acting wasn't that bad tbh Mark Wahlberg is one of my favorite actors (ever since The Big Hit) and is an all round cool dude. He played it well, did the best of what he could with such a bad movie (I probs rate the movie like 6/10, and if it was some no-name actor it would be like nearly uwe bowl level).
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin

Thanks man.
This was pointless
I'm very excited for this movie - I don't care who is cast, who directed or what the rating is. The fact is I loved this series of games, and I am going to go into this movie with a clean slate - they can alter the story how they want, I won't judge that, I just love the characters. I'm seeing it tomorrow, and am very much looking forward to it.
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
^ You'll probably be disappointed. Good game does not = good movie

Thanks man.
Quote by the irish rover

Good game does not necessarily = bad movie
If you want to be pessimistic, go ahead, but I'm still looking forward to it
Rush Club Member #5
I hate Mark Wahlberg with a passion so this movie is destined to fail for me, I'm sure I'll still end up watching it though

I'm still a bit iffy on Mila Kunis, that could go wither way, on one hand, she is very attractive, on the other, I still don't know if she can act...
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by the irish rover

Good game + Uwe Boll = Pissed of goateed 30 year olds crying themselves to sleep

not that that's relevent to the discussion
two and a half men.
I saw a review in the newspaper that gave it one star. They said that it was badly directed, badly acted, and the producer added in these "valkyrie", valkyr demons that just pollute the screen because there's so many. I loved the game, but from the sound of that review it's going to be bad.
Quote by TomD03

What a stupid thing to say. Of course thats not so; however i have seen the movie already and i personally think the game completely overshadows the movie. (see post above)

Thanks man.
Quote by the irish rover
What a stupid thing to say. Of course thats not so; however i have seen the movie already and i personally think the game completely overshadows the movie. (see post above)

What a stupid thing to retort with. "Good game does not = good movie" is very blunt, and leaves no room to work with. That does not define a rule, thus my definition is much looser, and more likely to be truthful. That being said, it was not "a stupid thing to say."
Rush Club Member #5
I meant it in the state that good game does not necessarily = good movie. Im sorry i should of made it more simple for you as you seem to lack reading comprehension skills. And yes, what you said was stupid. The fact you're not clever enough to "retort" isn't my fault.

Thanks man.
Quote by the irish rover
I meant it in the state that good game does not necessarily = good movie. Im sorry i should of made it more simple for you as you seem to lack reading comprehension skills. And yes, what you said was stupid. The fact you're not clever enough to "retort" isn't my fault.

What the hell is stupid about "just because a game was good doesn't mean the movie of the game will be good"? Seriously, explain that to the rest of us.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by enjoi91
The biggest piece of shit I have ever witnessed

I was afraid of that. What was so bad about it? Without giving spoilers.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by the irish rover
You are a ****ing idiot. IM the one who said good game doesn't necessarily = good movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

WTF? #13:
Quote by the irish rover
Quote by TomD03

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I see the critics have already raped it .... 17% on rotten tomatos .... ouch

I'll watch the movie at some point but I have a feeling it'll be bad enough that I'll have to play through the games again to remember how good they are.

To be honest though, it's hard to see how they could screw up with max payne, as far as games go it's probably one of the best to make into a film in that it actually has a pretty solid story behind it.

Easy to select key scenes from the game and use them in the film ... they really didn't even need to change the plot at all.

I have a feeling that instead of a good film noir with a witty script and a few well placed action scenes .... we're going to get roughly 90 minutes of markie mark walking round frowning while shooting copy paste criminals in droves while mila kunis tries to be a femme fatale with a voice like she's on helium.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by Wesseem

Wow i didn't know Mila Kunis is in it. Hot as hell but yeah she's comparable to Jessica Alba.
Way to go guys now you're making me stay up all night to play max payne again.
i love you guys
Music, a steady riot in my soul
Quote by the irish rover
Really wanted this movie to be good. The trailer looked awesome (albeit a little too "Constantine"), and like the first 15 mins was good too (good shots, actually interesting, kinda captured the gritty feel of the game).

And then the rest of the movie was cliche as shit, badly written, horrible plot development with like 10 mins of cool action.

I think the acting wasn't that bad tbh Mark Wahlberg is one of my favorite actors (ever since The Big Hit) and is an all round cool dude. He played it well, did the best of what he could with such a bad movie (I probs rate the movie like 6/10, and if it was some no-name actor it would be like nearly uwe bowl level).

o god Uwe Bowl is . He's making a Farcry movie. What next? He tried to get the rights to Metal Gear Solid and Warcraft but they were disgusted he even asked them if he could do it.
I dont know. I liked it, and so did the other two I was with when I saw it last night. Its confusing if you haven't played the games, but not overly so.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by tommyt
I see the critics have already raped it .... 17% on rotten tomatos .... ouch

I'll watch the movie at some point but I have a feeling it'll be bad enough that I'll have to play through the games again to remember how good they are.

To be honest though, it's hard to see how they could screw up with max payne, as far as games go it's probably one of the best to make into a film in that it actually has a pretty solid story behind it.

Easy to select key scenes from the game and use them in the film ... they really didn't even need to change the plot at all.

I have a feeling that instead of a good film noir with a witty script and a few well placed action scenes .... we're going to get roughly 90 minutes of markie mark walking round frowning while shooting copy paste criminals in droves while mila kunis tries to be a femme fatale with a voice like she's on helium.

Man...Tommyt has killed my hopes and dreams ...I wanted this to be a good movie, but 17% on rotten tomatoes? I can tell I'm going to be disappointed.
I really didn't think it was that bad.

I won't ruin it for anyone but I will say there aren't any actual demons, which was a great relief for me.

I found Mila Kunis to be very.. distracting, as in, why her? Every time I saw her I could only imagine an extremely dumb girl from that seventies show, so her character... just didn't do anything for me.

There were some really great shots, I thought most of the movie looked amazing, though the flying creatures were kind of silly, but they did fit into the story.
The guy playing Max Payne (sorry don't know his name) was ok, it definitely could have been worse, but in my opinion it should have been someone else, even when he was right pissed he still looked too happy. He didn't look like a broken man, just someone with a bad headache.

I think fans of the games should see it, and come up with their own opinion, I enjoyed it, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

I'm a big fan of the game and I was really dissapointed. I thought the acting was fine, along with the environments, but they just completely ****ed up the story and the action. I could tell you about the whole movie and it really wouldn't ruin the game's story. The only good part of the movie was the last 10-15 minutes. Thats how the whole movie should have been. If they would have went with that, maybe bumped it up to an R (because i really couldn't see it being PG-13 if it was like that) and kept to the game's story, this movie would have been the shit. Although, I guess that could be said about an video game movie. I can't believe Mark Wahlberg agreed to do this movie.
Listen to CKY.
i thought the movie was 7/10.

I like how they capture the movie as a whole but man some things from the game that I wanted to see wasn't in the movie.

like the black maze when you hear your wife's voice and child's voice and you have to follow them to get to the end. this is not a spoiler btw, it's not even in the movie.

btw ludacris kinda ruined some scenes for me. I could NOT take him seriously.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
i thought the movie was 7/10.

I like how they capture the movie as a whole but man some things from the game that I wanted to see wasn't in the movie.

like the black maze when you hear your wife's voice and child's voice and you have to follow them to get to the end. this is not a spoiler btw, it's not even in the movie.

That was a major disappointment, they probably could have upped the violence too, it just felt to nice.. but then again, I wouldn't have got into the movie had it been an R one.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

this sucks to hear guys =[

i loved the games and had high hopes for the movie..but now reading this im unsure...

PM me a summary?
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
I actually liked it.

When not compared to the game, it is a good movie. However, the action scenes were short but sweet. The acting was a bit rough, I give it that, but I didn't find it too bad. My main concern was that it felt rushed. Many of the scenes were way too short. I really liked the camera work though.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by ferretface
I actually liked it.

When not compared to the game, it is a good movie. However, the action scenes were short but sweet. The acting was a bit rough, I give it that, but I didn't find it too bad. My main concern was that it felt rushed. Many of the scenes were way too short. I really liked the camera work though.

Sorry if I seemed rude just posting a link here.

But yeah I agree, they really did have some great camera work, but like you said, not the greatest acting.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
Sorry if I seemed rude just posting a link here.

But yeah I agree, they really did have some great camera work, but like you said, not the greatest acting.

It's fine, it was my fault for not checking the second page. No harm done.

Did anyone see the scene after the credits? What exactly is it? Supposedly there is going to be a sequel.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
I thought it sucked even as just another movie and not one based on max payne. Maybe I was just expecting way too much. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a sequel, theres a sequel to everything these days, even if one isn't necessary. (Crank 2)
Listen to CKY.
Well lets just say my opinion on Max Payne the movie was: if I had the choice to smoke a 2lb pile of crack laced with bleach, or go pay nine dollars and fifty cents to see Max Payne a second time, I'd smoke the crack.
Quote by Rageisablessing
Well lets just say my opinion on Max Payne the movie was: if I had the choice to smoke a 2lb pile of crack laced with bleach, or go pay nine dollars and fifty cents to see Max Payne a second time, I'd smoke the crack.

That's too bad...

And yeah, of course there is going to be a sequel, he still hasn't got the main bad guy...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If this ends up being as big of a piece of shit as Hitman then I'm gonna be reaaaaaaaaally disappointed.

C'mon where have all the good directors gone?
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by rx_eb
If this ends up being as big of a piece of shit as Hitman then I'm gonna be reaaaaaaaaally disappointed.

C'mon where have all the good directors gone?

No, I don't think it was as bad as Hitman

I can't even remember that movie, that must mean it wasn't very good...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Page 1 of 2