Wouldn't say she is new she is actually quite old lol and I have had her for a while but she is finished, sounds and plays great... Best guitar I have honestly played the original wizard neck is simply amazing.

Heres what she looks like when I got her. I did some work for a friend of mine and he was like hey do you want a Ibanez Guitar I have laying around. It was a buddy of mine's guitar that he was trying to re-finish. I was like yea man bring it to me ill gladly see If I can get her back in shape. Turns out it was a Ibanez RG 560 one of my favorite models. But there was a catch she was in pretty bad shape as you can see in the first three pic's.

Neck pocket pretty torn up and some of the worse sanding I have seen

Was she blue or as she silver lol

More bad sanding

And now pics of what she looks like now. I wanted something simple light and made for metal. Also loved the mahogany look and wanted to try out my skills in burning in designs. So here's what I came up with. She isn't a 100% yet there's a few cosmetics left to tweak but all in all I love it.

One pickup and one volume knob is all need

The flames are actually burnt in and the pickup selector now turns the emg on and off so I dont have to unplug her.

The next picture shows a bevel I added to the headstock. Which I dont think has ever been done to a Ibanez before. At least I have never seen it done. And if it hasn't ever been done im claiming myself the originator
That pretty bitch, the idea with the pup selector is genius. All guitars stock with emgs should have a killswitch to save the batteries.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
holy sh*t ibanez, that is beautiful, is that an 81 in the bridge? are you gonna throw some SA's in there?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

haha, very cool man, I like it! I had one of those 560, great guitars, really liked the HSS config. They seem more rare than the 570 too. Killswitch is a cool idea, straight up metal machine. I bet it has some serious output too without having a tone or vol pot bleeding to ground. Metal
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Highly metal.

I wish I had the funding (i.e. the time to get a job) to do something like this to my Epi LP...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I like how you moved the volume knob down. I hate it when a knob is right next to the pickup. I did the same on my custom strat (when I get a camera I'll post some pics). The only thing I would've done different is I like to have a tone knob, too. It looks great. All the stuff you customize looks great.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Oct 17, 2008,
you are the man IP, that's awesome.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Sounds weird, but I like the bevel the most. You should add it all around the headstock if there is room. It adds a touch of class to this, as previously stated, metal machine. Great job Ibanez!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Oh.My.God.

*faints*
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You lucky son of a bitch I am so jealous beyond belief...

Well done man, it's very beatiful, I hope you enjoy it!

Edit- The color is absolutley magnificent, and i really like how the flames don't stand out too much like orange against black. They're more of a subtle, kick-ass flame effect
Last edited by eddiethehead888 at Oct 18, 2008,
Thanks for props everyone...

And a few answered questions..

Quote by Kevin Saale
That pretty bitch, the idea with the pup selector is genius. All guitars stock with emgs should have a killswitch to save the batteries.

Yea I can never understand why guitars dont come equipped with one, guess they figure everyone gigs and keeps there guitar in the case all the time lol

Quote by gtr_101
holy sh*t ibanez, that is beautiful, is that an 81 in the bridge? are you gonna throw some SA's in there?

Yup its an 81... And nope she is staying the way she is all metal.

Quote by Erock503
haha, very cool man, I like it! I had one of those 560, great guitars, really liked the HSS config. They seem more rare than the 570 too. Killswitch is a cool idea, straight up metal machine. I bet it has some serious output too without having a tone or vol pot bleeding to ground. Metal

Thanks Erock, and yea she does have hella output now compared to my esp. And the killswitch is always a great thing to have and using the 5 way as my kill switch I have no extra holes and it keeps the existing holes filled. As for the 560 you are correct they do seem to be pretty scarce, I've only seen like 2 pop up in the last few years. And the second one is mine lol.

Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I like how you moved the volume knob down. I hate it when a knob is right next to the pickup. I did the same on my custom strat (when I get a camera I'll post some pics). The only thing I would've done different is I like to have a tone knob, too. It looks great. All the stuff you customize looks great.

Yup thats one thing that always piss's me off about most guitars. I moved the one on my esp last week as well. They have all the room in the world but they want to stick it right up against the pickup every time.

Quote by LaidBack
Sounds weird, but I like the bevel the most. You should add it all around the headstock if there is room. It adds a touch of class to this, as previously stated, metal machine. Great job Ibanez!

Like this (you can make it out better in this pic)

Here's another classy thing I added. Rosewood trim ring to blend into everything.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 18, 2008,
The original edge hasnt worn out. great guitar man!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

That is amazing. I love the flames that are burnt, looks so sexy. If you ever get busy ship it to me and I'll keep it and give it the playing it really deserves
Quote by IbanezPsycho

Like this (you can make it out better in this pic)

Here's another classy thing I added. Rosewood trim ring to blend into everything.

Yes, exactly like that lol. Grade A stuff man!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
love the headstock bevel!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Man, you should totally gloss that shit, it needs to be shiny.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Man, you should totally gloss that shit, it needs to be shiny.

i second this. after you fill in the holes, a gloss finish would look great.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
excellent job
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Man, how'd I miss this thread before?

That's probably the coolest finish I've seen on a guitar and I dig those bevels. Sick man!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Wow, just stopping by again to say how awesome that is. Its one of the few guitars that I truly think is unique and amazing.

I'd keep the holes, it adds a nice DIY vibe that makes the guitar just seem more awesome.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah I like the DIY look too - the burnt in flames is sick! When you get time, tell us how you did that. I take it you did that before the stain?

sweet dude

...now EPIC CLIPZZZZZZ I need to hear this beast

To get the effect you can go the wood burning kit way, think Hetfields Elk head guitar. Or you can cut out a metal template clamp it down and break out the tourch which the way I did mine. Also you can do some tourch freehand work but its risky. And yes I burned it before I staind it so the flames wouldn't stand out as much I wanted them ghosted in.

And Kevin Saale you are correct thats why im keeping them, I like making stuff look like its my own. Just has a better look and feel.