I am building a guitar body and neck for someone and he said "I'm gonna use a 2-point Custom Shop Trem EXACTLY like the ones on the Classic Player Strat". I have an usa strat with a 2 point trem from the mid 90's. I need to know if they are both the same size so I can drill the holes for the bushings and I need to know what size the bushing holes need to be?
Quote by guitarcam123
they should be... can't you ask the customer for specs?

We were under the impression that they were the same size and wanted to make sure but if I couldn't find out I'd find out from him I'm not sure if he has it yet though.
look, sorry i dunno the answer... but, I have a classic trem of a strat, and i have this priblem: 1- the action is low and is how i like, but every string buzzes everywhere ¿any idea on how to make my guitar stop buzzin'?
2- i realized that if my strings are tuned, in the past 12 frets they are not... i mean, i tune em with a cromatic tuner, end when i play the same string that has already been tuned, (on a higher fret like the 20th one) the tuner marks it is bemoled (is that well said?) means it is b, wich is the opposite to # (sorry if I explain this like to a baby, but i wouldn't like to be misunderstood) any ideas?

my guitar is a Yamaha EG-112.

thank you!
Quote by Sudaka
look, sorry i dunno the answer... but, I have a classic trem of a strat, and i have this priblem: 1- the action is low and is how i like, but every string buzzes everywhere ¿any idea on how to make my guitar stop buzzin'?
2- i realized that if my strings are tuned, in the past 12 frets they are not... i mean, i tune em with a cromatic tuner, end when i play the same string that has already been tuned, (on a higher fret like the 20th one) the tuner marks it is bemoled (is that well said?) means it is b, wich is the opposite to # (sorry if I explain this like to a baby, but i wouldn't like to be misunderstood) any ideas?

thank you!

Make your own thread plzkthxbai
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Sudaka

thank you!

XD set up, smartie.

and own thread.
jeez, thread pirates are EVERYWHERE!
------

Shwiggity.
^ Go get banned retard. Next time you try shit like this here, it will be more than just the warning these mods will give you.

Reported.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Sudaka

thank you!

raise the action and intonate it, google intonating a guitar t0 find out how.
why dont you just... order the tremolo and take measurements? never making something based off of "i think this is the same" because in the end, it wont be. and with fender, they change measurements all the damn time.
^ This is true. Get the bridge first. It's going to suck if you have to redrill holes or something.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.