Ok guys im trying to get an underoath tone from their album Define the great Line. I have a Line 6 30 watt amp and a Fender Stratocaster. Also I've used the toolbar and I couldn't find anything. Help please
Ripo out everything except the bridge pickup, and scoop out all the mids, then make your amp sound like shit and make your singer whine in a bad scream about nonsensical lyrics.
does your strat have a single coil in the bridge?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
......are you ****ing me.

Hambucker?

Heres the settings:

Bass:10
Mids:0
Treble: 7
Drive:10

Theres the damn settings, but get a pedal, the line 6's dont have good dist.
^

Dont know a shit what he is talking about
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Lunchbox362

Hambucker?

Heres the settings:

uhhh...no.

scoopimg the mids for UO? not a wise choice imo.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Mids at 0. No. Try less drive, maybe a bit less bass and for gods sake turn up the mids at least a little. That should be ok. I've never really tried to eq for them so someone might to it better
Quote by Lunchbox362
Ripo out everything except the bridge pickup, and scoop out all the mids, then make your amp sound like shit and make your singer whine in a bad scream about nonsensical lyrics.

Douche.
BulletzAreScene
Quote by Lunchbox362

Quote by Lunchbox362

Hambucker?

Heres the settings:

You're a fucking retard. If you're not going to contribute to a thread don't post anything, jackass. And even if you do, don't dole out horrible answers to which you know nothing about...and obviously you're answer to everything is scoop the mids and gain at 11. Friggan n00blet.

ANYways, UnderOath actually has pretty amazing tone on that album. I myself am not a huge fan, but they play through a lot of great guitar gear so the respect is there anyway lol.

For the most part, the tone you're hearing is the classic Orange tone. I believe they played through Rockerverb 100 heads through Marshall and Mesa cabs. They also used some Marshall JCM800s and 900s on the album for backing guitar tracks, I think.

When I play stuff along the lines of UnderOath, I set my amp (same amps they love to use, Orange Rockerverbs) about:
BASS: 1 o'clock
MIDS: 2 o'c'clock
TREB: 1:30-2 o'clock
GAIN: 1 o'clock

UnderOath is a prime example of the term "less is more" when it comes to distortion. Their guitar tones are damn heavy...but very smooth and articulate and there's not one bit of the "slop" you get from over saturated amps with scooped mids.

Basically do the exact opposite of what this Lunchbox loser said...bump the mids, and pull back on the gain!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
You're a fucking retard. If you're not going to contribute to a thread don't post anything, jackass. And even if you do, don't dole out horrible answers to which you know nothing about...and obviously you're answer to everything is scoop the mids and gain at 11. Friggan n00blet.

ANYways, UnderOath actually has pretty amazing tone on that album. I myself am not a huge fan, but they play through a lot of great guitar gear so the respect is there anyway lol.

For the most part, the tone you're hearing is the classic Orange tone. I believe they played through Rockerverb 100 heads through Marshall and Mesa cabs. They also used some Marshall JCM800s and 900s on the album for backing guitar tracks, I think.

When I play stuff along the lines of UnderOath, I set my amp (same amps they love to use, Orange Rockerverbs) about:
BASS: 1 o'clock
MIDS: 2 o'c'clock
TREB: 1:30-2 o'clock
GAIN: 1 o'clock

UnderOath is a prime example of the term "less is more" when it comes to distortion. Their guitar tones are damn heavy...but very smooth and articulate and there's not one bit of the "slop" you get from over saturated amps with scooped mids.

Basically do the exact opposite of what this Lunchbox loser said...bump the mids, and pull back on the gain!

+1
I'm always impressed by their tone- and how low gain it is for what they play
whoever says scooping the mids fails horribly. If anything, UnderOath's tone is really mid and treble heavy, with not much bass at all.

Obviously you'd need a guitar in Drop D (preferably with a Duncan JB in the bridge), your amp settings with treble between 5 and 7, mids between 6 and 8, and bass between 2 and 6, gain up halfway (they boost their Marshalls and Oranges with Tubescreamers and sometimes an Xotic AC Booster), but keep it really clean; you should be able to hit open chords and hear the notes pretty clearly. On your spider i'd try more of a marshall settting. Honestly, a better amp would get you there better, and you could probably nab a JCM 800 2205 or 2204 for like 5 - 8 hundred used (head or combo), and spend like 100 bucks on a tubescreamer, and you'd basically be there.