Alright i am considering getting one. I am concerned with the durability of the touch screen? Does anyone have any expeirience with these. Also how does the wifi thing work do you have to pay to have service or to use it.
Thx
everyone hates this little yellow dude
Bad things are always hapenning to him :
i have a first gen and its not bad...

2nd gen can only be better right?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
thats good cuz i have wifi in my house
=)
get an archos 5 instead www.archos.com its got all the features of the touch faster wifi connection, higher quality as well as larger screen, and 60 gb for 50 bucks more than a 8 gig touch or you can get the 120gb for 400 dollars (i have this moodel its awesome) it also supports all flash video instead of just youtube like the touch. screw the crowd dont get an ipod!
My Gear:
Epiphone LP-100 Lefty Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15W Amp
Korg AX3000G Multi-Effect Processor
I have a jailbroken first gen 16 gig and it's one of the best investments i've made.

the wifi is free if you're within range of a hotspot, dont think you can get it anywhere.

It has gotten me through many a boring Honors Euro class.
Quote by SMBoo28
get an archos 5 instead www.archos.com its got all the features of the touch faster wifi connection, higher quality as well as larger screen, and 60 gb for 50 bucks more than a 8 gig touch or you can get the 120gb for 400 dollars (i have this moodel its awesome) it also supports all flash video instead of just youtube like the touch. screw the crowd dont get an ipod!

It doesn't have multitouch or as good an operating system. Or iTunes, which I actually like.
Quote by SMBoo28

Oh wow, such a rebel. I don't want to buy an ipod, because everyone else has one.
Be cool.
i am not gettin the archos becuz it doesnt have the compatibility of the ipod i can walk into half the ppl i knows house and plug it in to an ihome or something similar
My brother has a 1st gen 16 gig and it's pretty 1337. I actually have a funny story about it. He has a passcode on his and, you know how if you get it wrong like 5 times it locks you out for 1 minute and if you keep getting it wrong it locks you out for increasing amounts of time... Well he got locked out of his for 4.5 million minutes. That's like 8 years or something. I have pics if you want them...
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
My brother has a 1st gen 16 gig and it's pretty 1337. I actually have a funny story about it. He has a passcode on his and, you know how if you get it wrong like 5 times it locks you out for 1 minute and if you keep getting it wrong it locks you out for increasing amounts of time... Well he got locked out of his for 4.5 million minutes. That's like 8 years or something. I have pics if you want them...
I would love pics of that
Quote by Killedelphia19
I would love pics of that

i would as well
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Apparently the thrill wears off really fast. Get a 120 gig classic, unless you aren't a music junkie (ie, less than 16gb of music). In that case go for a touch if you want, they're basically 200$ more for gimmicks and less space, but they work fine, plus free wi-fi.
I have a second gen, 16 gig. I really like it so far, my only gripe is with Itunes itself, other than that, It's a hell of alot of fun. Also, it has an internal speaker so you can show other people your music if they don't want to use your earbuds (but also, it's not loud enough to where it would cause a major distraction, which is good for obvious reasons) I really like the applications you can get with it, especially since alot of them are free. (note: anybody with an Ipod touch, get "Knots" it's free and alot of fun, its like playing twister with your fingers)
As for the screen, It is pretty durable put it tends to smudge quite easily (but you only really notice it when its off). Durable or not, I still treat it like any other $300 peice of electronics, very carefully. It's also just a bit thinner than the 1 gen, but thats really not as important.

Also, Wifi is awesome. It's gotten me through some boring times in calculus

Quote by b4t3man

I smell a demote coming on...
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Oct 17, 2008,
one drop and the screen starts to mess up. 3+ drops and the screen wont work, and because its a touch screen, you wont be able to do anything.

not worth it IMO
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by cm_punk_fan
i have a first gen and its not bad...

2nd gen can only be better right?

Really now..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I'm thinking of getting one of these as well. I don't have that much music but I will probably get the 32gb anyway. It is like $550 in Australia though .
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by SMBoo28

Are you a salesman or something?

Quote by xyz66
one drop and the screen starts to mess up. 3+ drops and the screen wont work, and because its a touch screen, you wont be able to do anything.

not worth it IMO

You could also hold onto your stuff...
2nd gen doesn't have wifi?
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by xyz66

not worth it IMO

Nope. I've dropped my iPhone (more or less same thing) many many times and its still running like a champ.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
Quote by xyz66

not worth it IMO

Mines had the shit beat out of it and works like a dream. The backs scuffed to hell, therse some plastic piece missing, its prolly been dropped twenty times, works fine.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by fretsonfire1
Alright i am considering getting one. I am concerned with the durability of the touch screen? Does anyone have any expeirience with these. Also how does the wifi thing work do you have to pay to have service or to use it.
Thx

Lots of people do. In fact, they write about their experiences on such websites as CNET, Engadget, Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, Gizmodo, IGN, PCMag...ipodtouchreview.com...
You're*