hey my band is gonna do some cover songs at a gig we have pretty soon,and I had some questions. here are the songs we're going to do

1. Knee Deep, by Job For a Cowboy
2.Entombment of a Machine, by Job For a Cowboy
3:A Boy Brushed Red Living In Black and White, by Underoath
4. Some Slipknot song maybe vermillion

Anyway, the question I have is, how can we keep beat on the JFAC songs? we have the skills to play them, it's just none of us are with eachother on the song. also any tips on some pretty simple metal/ death emtal songs we could play?
if the drummer's doing his job, keeping with each other shouldn't be a problem...
Quote by Stereoaxis
if the drummer's doing his job, keeping with each other shouldn't be a problem...

we had a practice today, and when practied the drummer didnt show
First. None of that is close to death metal its shitty metalcore, deathcore, and slipknot.
Second. If you all have the skills to play it but can't play it, you don't have the skills to play it.
EDIT a metronome will help
Quote by cfhwarhead
First. None of that is close to death metal its shitty metalcore, deathcore, and slipknot.
Second. If you all have the skills to play it but can't play it, you don't have the skills to play it.

i didnt post here to argue about the whole deahmetal vs. metalcore crap. the guitarist can play it , but not in time.

[edit]sorry for the outburst...
Last edited by soakedinscarlet at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by cfhwarhead

f#ck your "hot topic must label every band a different genre and none of them are heavy enough for me cuz i'm the heaviest f#cker on the planet and i know metal better than anyone" mindset. i've had enough with you f#cks and your bullsh!t labels. its heavy music, thats all that matters

+1 to the metronome. i think a metronome that doesn't accent any specific beat would be best if the songs change time sigs a lot.
Quote by z4twenny
f#ck your "hot topic must label every band a different genre and none of them are heavy enough for me cuz i'm the heaviest f#cker on the planet and i know metal better than anyone" mindset. i've had enough with you f#cks and your bullsh!t labels. its heavy music, thats all that matters

+1 to the metronome. i think a metronome that doesn't accent any specific beat would be best if the songs change time sigs a lot.

he makes a very good point
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic