Hey guys, I've done a bit of looking on the internet and couldn't come up with much.

How much would it cost ($AUD) for any of the Synyster Gates signature guitars? (The black standard/custom, and the white custom) I'm interested in getting one, and I got a new job yesterday (yay me!) so I'll be able to afford a new guitar soon.
The Standard is $699US ($975AUD), and the Custom in Black is $999US ($1,400AUD) and the Custom in White is $1049US ($1,464AUD) from the American stores... and Billy Hyde wants $1,316AUD for the Standard and $1,880AUD for the Custom?

That's a massive joke, it's absolutely ridiculous. =[
I agree, that's why I buy off EBay/made my 3rd guitar. Plus, that Syn signature is ****ing disgusting!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
tell u what... just bargain with them. calll up other stores and ask for the best price.. bounce back and forth until u reach the lowest.. that's what you have to do around in aus
I would wait for the economy to be less volatile and wait, buy it from a decent ebay'er in US, but if your desperate for it now then that's the price you pay.... mwaahahahahahaa
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I'm not that desperate, and I definitely don't want to pay that much for it. I might try eBay... the thing is, I was interested in the white one, and I haven't seen one on eBay, like, ever. Do any of the American stores ship overseas, like samedaymusic and ZZounds?

I could always tell the Australian music stores that 'oh, another store quoted me $1,500' and see what they say :p
Seriously why would you want a guitar with somebody else's name on it

especially if they suck.

but yeah, ebay is your best bet if you can find one to ship overseas
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I was waiting for a bunch of people to come in and say that. ^

Yes, I like A7X, I like Synyster Gates, and I think his guitar is the shit. Having his name on it... I used to think it'd be annoying, but now it doesn't really bother me. And I understand people are going to come in here who don't like Synyster/A7X and tell me they suck, but that's okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's not like they're the only band I listen to, I'm sure I could find some common musical ground with anyone who comes in here and says they don't like him. ^_^
Have you looked into the C-1 Hellraiser? Much better value there...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah, I've seen that... no trem, and I despise the paintjob on that guitar. I do like the body though. The headstock doesn't do much for me.
I agree with the headstock, but the finish is sexy, the red. even I'd buy that for the finish and I hate those pointy metal contraptions
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Hehe, fair enough.

I know what you're saying, but like... I've got a few guitars already, a couple of Epis (and they play ****ing unreal, so bite me all you Epi-haters) and some other ones, but this time around I want to buy a guitar that I really want, you know? Like, I don't want to settle for something similar because the one I want is hard to get or too expensive or something... if I'm going to spend some serious money on another guitar, I want to buy one that I really, really want, and not just settle for one, if that makes sense. Having said that, I don't want to spend $2,000 on a $1,500 guitar.

(and yes, anything over $1000 is serious money for me lol)
It's your choice, just keep in mind that once A7X loses its popularity the value of the guitar will probably drop significantly...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
It's your choice, just keep in mind that once A7X loses its popularity the value of the guitar will probably drop significantly...

x2

Azn made me realize that I was better off not gettin a syn custom as well. Getting a new amp. Much happier now

Moral of the story?: Never doubt aznrockerdude
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Hehe, I'm getting a new amp anyway, so no worries there.

Use what you could've spent on a shitty Syn Custom (and it is shitty unless you have some serious amp power in something like Syn's Bogner Uberschall) and get the best amp you can. Rule number 1 of UG is that your amp should always cost more than your guitar lol (lulz aside it's for a good reason too.)

For 1k you could get a much better guitar.

A Synyster Custom model sounds like someone tied a schecter guitar to the back of a pickup truck on a rainy night and drove through the muddiest road they could possibly find.

Yes that bad.

So do yourself a favor. For 1k look into a real good ESP or Jackson. Unless your dead set on the Syn Custom and there's nothing I can do to persuade you. I can only tell you that I'll be having a massive lulz session when I tell you "I told you so".
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I actually looked at a few Jacksons before I settled on this one, there were a few nice ones... what's so bad about the Syn Custom? I played a friends one a while back and loved it, that's why I was considering it... I know there's some good ESPs and Jacksons about, what do you think is so bad about the Syn model?
billy hyde sell guitars at higher prices than any other store in australia, they are rip off artists

also if you want to purchase a guitar from america, apart from the crappy exchabge rate, anything over a grand attracts import duties and gst, so if the guitar costs 1400, plus 150 for shipping you have to pay another 200 - 300 ontop of that... roughly 1800ish...
Quote by TheBodomBullet
x2

Azn made me realize that I was better off not gettin a syn custom as well. Getting a new amp. Much happier now

Moral of the story?: Never doubt aznrockerdude

azn you soooo have to sig that
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff