So, i've been playing acoustic, and electric, for about 9 months, and seem to have gotten stuck. I am shocked by my sheer mediocrity. I practice around 10 hours a week, and seem to be in a rut, i'm only able to play a couple of "intermediate" songs, which when played sound easy as hell. Is there any way i can get my fingers faster, and be able to play the songs i really want to play?
I had the same problem about a year ago, it felt like my progress stagnated, almost like a wall blocking my way. Which was really frustating because I played a lot but i did not improve. And then out of nowhere I made a big leap forward. I do not know how others feel about it, but i think you should'nt give and hang in there. (For more pratical advise you could check the lesson section.)I hope this can be of any help at all, soothing your frustation knowing you are not the only one.
By the power of Greyskull
take a break from learning songs, try making your own songs, im making one right now one year later.

it helps clear your mind, its just you and your guitar, not you and a tab sheet, get what i mean
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Best way to get faster is scales,minor pentatonic is a good one.You find alot of rock and blues stuff based off of it.
Quote by Dire
So, i've been playing acoustic, and electric, for about 9 months, and seem to have gotten stuck. I am shocked by my sheer mediocrity. I practice around 10 hours a week, and seem to be in a rut, i'm only able to play a couple of "intermediate" songs, which when played sound easy as hell. Is there any way i can get my fingers faster, and be able to play the songs i really want to play?

Practice - you've only been playing 9 months, that's nothing...you're not going to be Steve Vai after such a short time.

In short, you SHOULD be mediocre at this point seeing as you're barely off the training wheels. You can't make your fingers faster, and faster =/= better anyway.

Focus on your accuracy, timing and the synchronisation of your two hands, together with developing your ear and also your theory knowledge to back everything up and improve your understanding of the instrument...do that and speed will take care of itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com