i have a paycheck coming to me next week that's going to be 700$. i was going to invest it in stocks, but since the market is in a perpetual sate of nosediving, i figured i should invest in some gear. now, i need to put 300$ aside, but the rest can be spent on gear. i was thinking of getting one of those new fender champs, along with a fuzz of some sort. any suggestions? what's the best i can get for my 400$? if i don't get the champ and the fuzz, i might just blow it all on a Fender Pro Jr.

the styles i play: Blues, Rock, Jam, Psychedelia, Detroit rock (MC5, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Bob Seger), 70's era rock (BTO, Derek and the Dominoes, Foghat, Tom Petty), Canadian rock (The Band, Jeff Healey, The Guess Who, Neil Young) and almost any genre that came before the 90's (excluding Disco, Hair Metal, Thrash Metal and Grunge).

i already have a strat and a les paul, and i have a decent amp. effects wise, i'm kind of a minimalist who uses old-style effects, nothing like chorus, delay, flanger, phaser or any of those other weird effects. mostly, just a wah and an OD, sometimes an octavia or a rotovibe.
for about 100 dollars more (~480) there is the blues jr, which would be an awesme amp to start with for most of those things, and the right od should get you the last bit of gain you'll need. the pro jr only has volume, so to get any gain at all means you will probably annoy someone. but for versitility's sake i would definitely get the blues jr over the pro.
i just love the simplicity of the Pro Jr. and i like an amp that stays clean a while before breaking up, too. and, i won't have another 100 dollars for another two weeks. if i wait up until then, i might as well get the deluxe reverb.
Quote by idoitforthelulz
i just love the simplicity of the Pro Jr. and i like an amp that stays clean a while before breaking up, too. and, i won't have another 100 dollars for another two weeks. if i wait up until then, i might as well get the deluxe reverb.

whats wrong with getting a deluxe reverb then?
i like simpliciity too, but eventually you might want it to do something that if only you had that one extra knob it would do it just fine. either way theyre both good little amps, im just saying that i would opt for the blues and why.
fuzz?

look in the sig
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era