i'm considering buying a new bridge pickup for hss alder strat. The tones I like to use are mostly crystal cleans, and a lot of fuzz. I'm not looking to spend to much money for just this one pickup, let's I'd like to pay less then $100 US. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Forgot to mention I play through a Palomino V32
Last edited by beep-bop deluxe at Oct 18, 2008,
I am there with you. I have a 2005 American Deluxe HSS and I am not to keen on the Enforcer.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

+1 on the Pearly Gates. My favorite Humbucker for strats!! I have one in my Lonestar and it's awesome!! Nice, crunchy ZZ Top flavor!!
Quote by jimmyohio75
+1 on the Pearly Gates. My favorite Humbucker for strats!! I have one in my Lonestar and it's awesome!! Nice, crunchy ZZ Top flavor!!

I don't really play anything like ZZ Top, but I'll keep that and the Paf Pro in mind

are there any other suggestions?
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Seymour Duncan TB-11 Custom Custom. Great match for Strats, the Alnico II magnet really thickens your tone in the bridge position.

Thanks, I was actually thinking about that one, and sh5 custom, but would the alnico II magnet be better?

Also how are the cleans on the custom custom?
TB-11 Custom Custom is perfect for alder bodied strats.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by beep-bop deluxe
Thanks, I was actually thinking about that one, and sh5 custom, but would the alnico II magnet be better?

Also how are the cleans on the custom custom?

I think the Alnico II magnet is better, in that it'll fatten up your tone more, and also clean up better than the SH-5 Custom. I'd recommend using your neck pickup for cleans, though...Who uses bridge?
Yeah, there is no such thing as clean on that pup. I do like how the guitar sounds in the 4th position as well. Nice Hendrixy type fuzz. If you want to go crazy look at the new SH-14. It looks off the chart Output wise but Pott (UG'r) has one and he I think he really likes it. He says it cleans up extremely well too.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Yeah, there is no such thing as clean on that pup. I do like how the guitar sounds in the 4th position as well. Nice Hendrixy type fuzz. If you want to go crazy look at the new SH-14. It looks off the chart Output wise but Pott (UG'r) has one and he I think he really likes it. He says it cleans up extremely well too.

I'm really not looking for a Hendrixy type fuzz. Honestly I've grown tired of classic rock where people just play pentatonic scales, to me that whole thing got boring really fast. I can still appreciate the music though.

But the custom custom does seem to have what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if it's 4 conductor?
Quote by beep-bop deluxe
I'm really not looking for a Hendrixy type fuzz. Honestly I've grown tired of classic rock where people just play pentatonic scales, to me that whole thing got boring really fast. I can still appreciate the music though.

But the custom custom does seem to have what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if it's 4 conductor?

just because you your tone is a classic rock type tone, doesnt mean you have to play pentatonic scales all day.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
just because you your tone is a classic rock type tone, doesnt mean you have to play pentatonic scales all day.

fair enough, but my tone isn't a classic rock tone, when I say a lot of fuzz I mean turning the gain on my fuzz factory to about 8 or 9, doesn't sound like Hendrix at all