So in a couple of weeks my birthday is coming around again and I figured it would be a good idea to get a new amp. A real tube this time. The thing is I really can not decide.
I play mostly classic rock like: Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns n' roses, Aerosmith, The Who, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton,.......

So I need an amp that can do both clean and distortion, but distortion is more important. I don't need to get anywhere close to metal but a good solid classic rock distortion.

Until now I was thinking about the Fender blues deluxe but I think that that one is not really any good for distortion. Another thought i had was the Peavey classic 30. That is also the price range I would like to stay in ($600). It would be great if any of you guys could point me into the right direction. I don't mind used actually it might be a great idea to go used and get an older Marshall or so but I am not sure what I should look for.

Thank you in advance for all your help!!
the old crate tube amps are nice. i'd say u could always go with a fender cause of their awesome cleans and get a good overdrive or distortion pedal.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
well here are my faovorites for the bands you listed in you price range in order from my favorite to least. :

Laney AOR protube 50w Combo.
Marshall JCM800 combo (they're hard to find under 7 but it's definatly doable)
Crate V series
Traynor YCV50
Orange TT
Peavey C30
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Oct 18, 2008,
yo i use i a 67 fender bandmaster halfstack and i have to say it works real well. you should try to get one of them
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
he can also get a 70s bassman easy for 600, I see em go for 400 all the time
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
That's a bit of a spread in music. You might want to think about holding a few bucks back for a pedal or 2. More modern Floyd is going to need it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
look into traynor + orange
also look into peavey classic 30 and maybe vox ac15
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i'll second the traynor, or the classic 30 if you can't stretch to the traynor.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Add one more vote Traynor or the Peavey Classic 30. The C30 sounds way better, but in my experience is less reliable.

If you're willing to go a little higher in price I'd suggest you look into a Hughes and Kettner Statesman. I'll cost you about $1000, and it's got a similar sound to the Classic 30, except it sounds better. Better clean channel, which has a much nicer natural breakup, way more versatile Drive channel, it's got more gain, and far more tonal options, and it's just got a much smoother creamier tone to it.
Quote by Bostonrocks
he can also get a 70s bassman easy for 600, I see em go for 400 all the time

where can you find a Bassman for 400 dollars???

I am trying to find a JCM 800 but those really are more expensive.

which one you guys think is better the traynor or the peavey ?

Quote by Parentadvisory
yo i use i a 67 fender bandmaster halfstack and i have to say it works real well. you should try to get one of them

do you know a good place to find one of those?
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'm going to recommend a Traynor YCV50 Blue. Best Marshall voiced current production line amp under 1000 bucks.
On ebay, there's a dealer called proaudiostar.com, who sells them brand new for 650 bucks.

+1.

I don't regret getting this, and I like a lot of the bands you do. It sounds phenomenal. Also, how many other people's amps are blue?
maybe an orange tiny terror or a crate V33 + a tubescreamer or badmonkey
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Bostonrocks
well here are my faovorites for the bands you listed in you price range in order from my favorite to least. :

Laney AOR protube 50w Combo.
Marshall JCM800 combo (they're hard to find under 7 but it's definatly doable)
Crate V series
Traynor YCV50
Orange TT
Peavey C30

This

is

epic

win

All of these amps are amazing
so as I am looking through all of this I agree with Bostonrocks and the others those seem to be the best choices for a new one but I think that the idea of getting a 70 bassman sounds a little sweeter to me hahaha

anybody have any bad experience with that kind of stuff?