Ok, so im gonna get my first electric soon, and Im stuck.

First of all Im only 13, so its REALLY hard to get money.

Ive been researching guitars lately alot. I want one that won't be bad a year from now. Ive been playing acoustic for about 6 months, and electric is just more my style. Its kinda hard to play metallica on acoustic lol. I wanna play just general rock, maybe a tad bit a metal, I would like it to be good clean and distorted.

The guitar cant cost more than 300. Im thinking an epi les paul studio, epi g400, pacifica 112,, or maybe a Fender HSS (what does HSS mean... I really dont know) strat used...

I dont want an agile. Please dont mention or ask why i dont want one.

Do yall have any suggestions???

Also, for my amp, im either gonna get a microcube or cube 15x. Which do yall think???

Thanks for any help
HSS strat refers to the pickups, a humbucker in the bridge and singles in the neck, mid.
why when i say i dont want ibanez yall all post ibanez? lol. and thanks wyantsm. so you think a $400 fender hss strat is good used???
1. Epiphone G-400($400) - The SG is a great guitar, and frankly I've liked a lot of the newer Epiphones better than Gibsons, so I think the G-400 is a great guitar, especially for the money. Just make sure your either active as hell like Angus Young and Pete Townshend, or you can support the guitars neck when playing while standing; it's neck-heavy, meaning the neck is going to want to tip down while your playing, a huge problem if you use a non-leather strap.

2. Fender MIM Standard stratocaster($400) - I don't want to hear people saying you can't play metal on a strat. Adrian Smith uses a strat, albeit it's HSS. Personally I think the MIM strats are great guitars as long as you voyage through the ones that are awful to find the gems. You'll probably want to replace the pickups though. Get a pro to do that, you could kill the guitar otherwise. As for HSS or SSS, just ask to try a Mexican standard strat and fat strat. The guy will know what you mean, and just play around until you see which config you like better.

3. Epiphone Korina Flying V($500) - Yes it's $100 more than the others, but Korina is a great wood to make a guitar from, plus Flying V's are awesome shapes.

Also, HSS strat $400 used if it's a made-in-mexico standard isn't good; that's how much they go for new.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by nathanlamb
why when i say i dont want ibanez yall all post ibanez? lol. and thanks wyantsm. so you think a $400 fender hss strat is good used???

The Ibanez is clearly the best option and its easy to adjust to Ibanez Wizard II necks. Get 3 single coild dog. Im a humbucker guy myself but if its a strat 3 singles bro.
look for a used Epi Lp Standard. I got mine for $250. And amp wise. i would either go mircocube or 20 watt. The 15 watt isnt that great.
Quote by nathanlamb

Ibanez make lots of different guitars with lots of different necks, therefore saying "I don't like Ibanez necks" is a daft statement so they all ignored you. Also, why no Agiles - you can't not like them because you're only 13 and this is your first electric, therefore you've got no experience of them,

How can you know be so specific as to what guitars you don't like when you don't even play an electric yet? It's not like you're in a position to be too choosy with such a limited budget.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Ibanez make lots of different guitars with lots of different necks, therefore saying "I don't like Ibanez necks" is a daft statement so they all ignored you. Also, why no Agiles - you can't not like them because you're only 13 and this is your first electric, therefore you've got no experience of them,

How can you know be so specific as to what guitars you don't like when you don't even play an electric yet? It's not like you're in a position to be too choosy with such a limited budget.

Hes got a point,the seagul always does...
And I think ibanez would be a good first guitar for you cause they are really good for metal,rock and styles like that.
Quote by steven seagull

And lets not forget that agiles are (from my experience) much better crafted than the corresponding Epi's
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
why I dont want an agile is the fact that I cant test them. and fine ill look at ibanez. recommend some good ibanez und $250 or $300.

And what do yall think on the amp question
Quote by nathanlamb
why I dont want an agile is the fact that I cant test them. and fine ill look at ibanez. recommend some good ibanez und $250 or $300.

And what do yall think on the amp question

Then why didn't you just say that? That's a perfectly valid reason for not wanting to consider them, downright sensible in fact

Microcube is a great starter amp, like people have said it stays useful even if you upgrade.
If you don't like a typical ie thin Ibanez neck like the Wizards then there's other options.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART100-Electric-Guitar?sku=518066
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX140-Electric-Guitar?sku=518063
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JTK3-Electric-Guitar?sku=518059
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com