When I think about them I think of the same thing, I don't want the scientific answere, I'd just use google or wiki then, I'd like humorous stupid answeres.
Hopefully this isn't the fail I half-expect it to be.

So pit, what's the difference between a grasshopper and a cricket?
they look very different

Grasshopper

Cricket
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Oct 18, 2008,
One chirps and one eats your crops.

And by crops I mean........

Crops.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Orthoptera is the order of crickets/grasshoppers, and is divided into two sub orders:

-Ensifera (Crickets) - Their antennae has more than 30 segments, are generally long, and the females possess an ovipositor.

-Caelifera (Grasshoppers) - Short antennae, less than 30 segments, females do not possess an ovipositor.

My dad's an entomologist.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Last edited by emery01 at Oct 18, 2008,
Crickets have wings too...

But yes, they are very different. Grass hoppers are longer and skinnier, lighter in color, have very differently shaped heads, don't make the same sound, and can fly.
Nope, no sig here.
You guys are wankers, I put so much effort into that post.

I mean, I asked my dad and he told me, then I wrote it.

Gosh.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

One's a bug and ones a sport?

EDIT: shit.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
One of them has a bigger penis.

/"humorous" answer.

Quote by AnswerBag
While they're in the same general class of insects, there are some differences:
Crickets are mostly nocturnal (active at night) and grasshoppers are diurnal (active in the day). Because of this, crickets use their song to communicate in order to find females and warn off other males. Grasshoppers call in the day also but tend to be located high in the vegetation to see and be seen by other grasshoppers.
Grasshoppers blend into the grass, but they also often have brightly colored under wings that they flash when they make short flights from place to place and also make noise when they do this. Crickets then to be dark to blend into the shadows or are pale green or brown to blend into the vegetation. The wings of a cricket are either absent or atrophied and they don't fly.
Crickets have longer antennae than grasshoppers.
The ears of a cricket are located in its legs and a grasshopper's are in its abdomen.

/serious answer
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.