right now i got a schecter c1 hellraiser, and being i play mostly dropB-ish stuff, i was considering getting a 7 string to get a better sound over the loose strings i have now. now i dont want a shitty 400 dollar 7 string with passive pickups and one pot, i want a good one. i was most likely looking at the c7 hellraiser, but i was just wondering if there is any other brand that gives good quality like the schecters. on another note, being i'd have to salvage $750 bucks or so, i'd more than likely be selling/trading in my current hellraiser, omen6, and most likely my piddly ass kustom amp; if i take all of this to guitar center, is there any chance of not getting ripped off and making out with over 600 bucks? or would i be better off doing it independently off of something like craigslist or ebay?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
your allways better of selling it yourself, sell it on ebay or trade it, don't go through somebody like guitar center.
Definitely sell independently. Pawn shops and GC bid low and sell really high.

For other 7's, check out Ibanez. The RG7321 is a good and cheap 7 that just needs a pick-up change.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Yeah sell independently

7ers to check out if you like Schecter

Schecter C7 hellraiser (EMG 707TWs)
Schecter C7 BlackJack (SD JB / ‘59)
Schecter C7 BlackJack ATX (SD Blackouts)
Schecter Loomis custom (EMG 707s)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
if you're mainly playing drop tunings, why not just grab some heavier strings and have your 6 tuned to BEADF#B?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.