Hey guys, what is a POD XT exactly? What can you do with them? Can you plug it into your amp (i have a vox ad15vt) and use the Vox as a cab for the xt? How does the computer recording stuff work? Is it just by usb or what? Thanks for your help!

-Kimbo
rl]
Quote by StealthyHayze
Hey guys, what is a POD XT exactly? What can you do with them? Can you plug it into your amp (i have a vox ad15vt) and use the Vox as a cab for the xt? How does the computer recording stuff work? Is it just by usb or what? Thanks for your help!

-Kimbo

You can run the output of them into an amp if you have a "line in"...it may not like the standard instrument input due to impedance differences.

Basically they are a bunch of amp models and stomp boxes programmed into a digital box. The higher end ones will stream audio down the USB line to record but most of these units are just for practice. I have not seen a pro studio use Line6 modeling yet and most of them dont...T
heres better for the money when it comes to the rack mount line6 stuff.

See this chart:
http://line6.com/pod/compare.html

...hmm, looks like they made a new Pod, the Express...
And they said the last POD could not be any smaller...lol
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by moody07747
You can run the output of them into an amp if you have a "line in"...it may not like the standard instrument input due to impedance differences.

Basically they are a bunch of amp models and stomp boxes programmed into a digital box. The higher end ones will stream audio down the USB line to record but most of these units are just for practice. I have not seen a pro studio use Line6 modeling yet and most of them dont...T
heres better for the money when it comes to the rack mount line6 stuff.

Thanks man i appreciate it, so i wont be able to use my current amp as a cab for the XT right?
rl]
Quote by moody07747
correct and see my edit

You can plug in some speakers for like a desktop or run some low end studio monitors....or even run though a PA setup if needed though.

Alright man thanks, people like you are what keep UG going. Especially with all the 11-17 year old jackass's roaming this website and getting people to change their action using their truss rod
rl]