hey guys

i am fairly serious about buying a new guitar and done lots of research, etc and have narrowed it down to 2 guitars. An Epiphone Classic Les Paul (reduced from $1200 AUD to $745 AUD) or an Ibanez RGR421EXFM ($795). I have only played the RG at the moment and it sounded really good, but im going back to the guitar centre possibly tomorrow to have a look at the epiphone. Just looking for some adivce from you guys, which one to get pretty much. I have a good amp and usually play rock/metal.

hope u can help me out
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
it says i play rock/metal
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
ha sorry didnt see that.

Both guitars are really different.
It depends if you like a thick or thin neck and what kind of pick ups sound better.
i think the Epi has better pick ups.
i'd choose the les paul.

never really liked the tone you could get from RGs. You might wanna consider Ibanez S or SA series if you want a thinner neck. personally i find les paul necks a little too large for my hands. i get uncomfortable rather quickly when i play a les paul than when i play any of my fenders.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
i love my epi LP standard. nice tone, good to play and stays in tune for weeks...
Thank you please.
I wouldn't go for that particular model RG but there is no way I'd go for an Epi LP over an Ibanez RG.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by JessicaGonzo

Both guitars are really different.
It depends if you like a thick or thin neck and what kind of pick ups sound better.
i think the Epi has better pick ups.

+1

Your best bet is to try them both out thoroughly. They are incredibly different so it's rather hard to compare.

Bear in mind, both guitars are half decent anyway.