Should I just get a standard crybaby for playing kirk hammett style stuff or are there any alternatives? My budget is £100
DO IT LIVE
A standrd Crybaby should be fine, you may want to consider modding it down the line, but it will do the trick.

If you are playing Krik Hammett stuff, make sure to abuse the living shit out of it though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
535q crybaby
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Kirk Hammett has the best wah-wah sound ever!!!!!!!! hince: Kirk Wammet
he uses vox & dunlop (mostly custom wound pedals...that goes for all his pedals not just his wah), but I've been using the IBANEZ DEMON SWEEPING WAH, look it up and you'll see why.................OH BY THE WAY I'M THE BIGGEST METALLICA FAN YOU'LL EVER COME ACROSS
Quote by jdF250
he uses vox & dunlop (mostly custom wound pedals...that goes for all his pedals not just his wah), but I've been using the IBANEZ DEMON SWEEPING WAH, look it up and you'll see why.................OH BY THE WAY I'M THE BIGGEST METALLICA FAN YOU'LL EVER COME ACROSS

It's Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon.

Also, i reccomend the Cry Baby 535Q. The Vox one is good too but i wouldn't go for it because of the amount of gain you'll be using.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
by the way........
Mesa_Triple Rect
ISP. Tech Vector (secret weapon?)
Krankenstien(lead)
Mesa straight cab (rhythm)
Marshall 1960A + Mesa Straight ( lead---stereo)
boss pedals
Mesa racks
ESP
Jackson
Fender
Ibanez
Takamine
^ he uses double 81's not 85's

hetfield uses a 60 and an 81

and check metallca world for they're rigs
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by jdF250

1. dont use the Ibanez TS. that's the shoddiest wah pedal i've owned. it's poorly constructed, the eq isn't as great as they make it out to be, and it has a terrible sweep range.

2. pretty sure KH uses a dunlop rack wah now

3. you'de be suprised how many "biggest metallica fans ever" there are on this forum

4. im sticking by the 535q

5. this thread may help too TS http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572372&highlight=ultimate+wah

6. jdF250 please stop spamming
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Oct 18, 2008,
Zakk Wylde or Slash wah's both fit into that budget I believe and from the times I've played them they have been good for Kirk Hammett style stuff like you want. Also, an Ibanez Weeping Demon is a great pedal. And if you can try out a Morley power wah, I loved the last one I played.
So is the Slash wah an overdrive and a wah?

Sorry im new to the wah area of effects

And no that guy is not the biggest Metallica fan ever. Many people are
DO IT LIVE
Quote by Corby1888
So is the Slash wah an overdrive and a wah?

it's a gain boost, but it only works when the wah is turned on
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
crybabies are ****ing aweful. Very treble heavy, bypass sucks, responds poorly to distortion. Get something ELSE.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
crybabies are ****ing aweful. Very treble heavy, bypass sucks, responds poorly to distortion. Get something ELSE.

like what in my budget?
DO IT LIVE
Quote by jdF250

Liar. There is no such this as the demon sweeping wah.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

try the vox wah or the eq wah thats been recomended if ur going for kirk hammet u want something thats ready for abuse
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube