I got this guitar the other day, and I was wondering, does anyone know what strings it comes with? The strings feel fairly new but they're strangely dirty and i thought it would be worth changing them.
Depends where you got it from, I should think... If you got it from a shop then people have probably played it a lot before, and the strings might be relatively old. It's worth changing them if you're not happy with them.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Depends where you got it from, I should think... If you got it from a shop then people have probably played it a lot before, and the strings might be relatively old. It's worth changing them if you're not happy with them.

Yeah, i thought so. Do you have any idea what gauge might be on them? Like i know a lot of electrics come with .10s but what about acoustics?
It varies to be honest, I couldn't really tell you but 12's seem common to me, depends on a lot of variables.

How are you finding your yamaha?
Quote by wiggyisgreat
It varies to be honest, I couldn't really tell you but 12's seem common to me, depends on a lot of variables.

How are you finding your yamaha?

It's very good for the price, i didn't expect it for £209.
My F 335 came with 10's on it. I too had no idea what gauge was on it so I emailed Yamaha and they told me.
Doesn't matter what strings it came with. Just match the guage and you'll be good to go. Strings are a personal preference, anyway.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Doesn't matter what strings it came with. Just match the guage and you'll be good to go. Strings are a personal preference, anyway.

I know, but that's what i dont know: the gauge. the yamaha site is pretty rubbish and doesnt tell you stuff like that.
Most companies ship their guitars with light strings. so... 12's.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.