When I play guitar live I get really sweaty hands that I can't even bend. Does anyone know anything to temporarily stop the sweating please.

Thanks.
cc deville uses chalk, dips his hand in it all gig long

or is it cocain..? its hard to tell with him
Im all outa signature
baby powder might help or so would aerosol deodorant.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
experience.....i'm sure you're a great guitarist, but when you're just getting out there, whether you've been an experiencd player or your first cherry...............just keep on keepin on and if there is one more piece of advice its this...........don;t take any wooden nickels
I've just seen this hand deodrant thing it's called driclor, do you think it will make my hands greasy?
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
When I play guitar live I get really sweaty hands that I can't even bend. Does anyone know anything to temporarily stop the sweating please.
After playing gigs for more than 40 years I still have the same problem, although not to the extent that I can't bend strings. I always carry a couple of small hand towels to dry my hands after every song. I've tried chalk and other drying substances but can't stand the mess they make or the way they make my hands feel. Good luck with this. For years I thought the issue was nervousness, but after this long I guess it's just my hands' reaction to hot spotlights and fainting women (just kidding about the fainting women).
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
I've just seen this hand deodrant thing it's called driclor, do you think it will make my hands greasy?

No, if anything it will make them sticky.

Just relax and don't think about how sweaty your hands are. Over time you will get more comfortable and not sweat so much.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
^ try jasonmetals advice. i know personally my hands get a bit sweaty when the stage is 20 degrees warmer cuz of lights etc. if it persists try gpb's idea and just wipe off with a towel. personally i like it when my hands sweat as i use pretty thick strings and although i know i'll have to change strings afterwards, during the show it keeps my fingers nice and lubricated so that i don't tear my hands up sliding around or bending. for the time being maybe also try 2 finger bending if possible, might be able to get a bit better grip.
If the stage lights are a problem, try wearing something cool or having a bottle of ice water near you. Just in between songs, take a nice swig. I find that if you look directly above the audience heads, you won't feel timid because you're not making eye contact and the audience wont think you're distant because you're at least looking in their direction.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by z4twenny
my hands get a bit sweaty... personally i like it when my hands sweat... keeps my fingers nice and lubricated so that i don't tear my hands up sliding around or bending.

I had to quote that man, lol. I'm sorry.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by gpb0216
After playing gigs for more than 40 years I still have the same problem, although not to the extent that I can't bend strings. I always carry a couple of small hand towels to dry my hands after every song. I've tried chalk and other drying substances but can't stand the mess they make or the way they make my hands feel. Good luck with this. For years I thought the issue was nervousness, but after this long I guess it's just my hands' reaction to hot spotlights and fainting women (just kidding about the fainting women).

Spent this summer playing over in Cyprus, the humidity was terrible; tried to play the Bass intro to 'One Of These Nights' (Eagles) my hands just stuck on the neck.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I don't have this problem personally, but I have heard that giving your hands a rub of an alcohol based hand sanitizer will help.