Ok well, i know how annoying these "i need a new amp" threads are, and just looking through the first page on GG&A theres a lot of these.

I'm looking for something simple and small and tube/ valve. I play mostly rock/ hard rock and metal. Although I really like clean tones.

Im thinking maybe the Epi Valve Jr?
Any recommendations?
Max price range?

Aussie prices are going to be high anyway, so right off the bat I'm gonna recommend an Orange Tiny Terror, a Epi Valve Senior, an Epi So Cal 50, and a Laney of some sort, like a GH50 or AOR.
Bugera 333XL head?
- LTD Eclipse 1000 w/SD's
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky transparent red w/SD's
- Marshall MG 50 DFX

ENGL fund €120/€1941.5
Quote by guitarcam123
Ok well, i know how annoying these "i need a new amp" threads are, and just looking through the first page on GG&A theres a lot of these.

I'm looking for something simple and small and tube/ valve. I play mostly rock/ hard rock and metal. Although I really like clean tones.

Im thinking maybe the Epi Valve Jr?
Any recommendations?

Look into the new Egnater Rebel. I just got one. Unbelievable gain sounds and shimmering cleans. It's a loud beast for 20 watts. Blows the Tiny Terror away IMO.
An Epiphone Valve Jr won't do metal at all unless you have an army of pedals, but it's a good clean amp.

If you're going on the cheap side, perhaps a Crate V33H, Blackheart Handsome Devil or the Killer Ant when it comes out. Perhaps a Krank Rev. Jr? Otherwise look into a Budda Superdrive Series II 18w - they're rather expensive, however...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The V33H isn't really a metal machine. At all.

And I'm talking modern metal, by thew way. It just won't really do it.
Quote by imgooley
The V33H isn't really a metal machine. At all.

And I'm talking modern metal, by thew way. It just won't really do it.

From what I've seen, neither is the Valve Senior...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
From what I've seen, neither is the Valve Senior...

toshay
so far im liking the Epi Valve Junior and the Orange tiny terror... both tiny and simple.
I am also thinking of adding a few mods to the Epi VJ if I chose that amp.