Hi all,

I have a Boss ME50, which comes with a nice range of distortions that sound pretty sweet to me. I play with the distortion pedal through a clean channel on the amp, but i was wanting to know if it is ever a good idea in a particular mix of effects or genre of music to play it on the distorted amp channel, particularly using other effects eg. modulation, delay?
If not, and I were in the market for a new amp does that mean I should only be interested in the clean channel quality?
I don't really understand ur question, but I will try.

If u mean using the fx of the Me50 too use on a distorted amp channel, then you need to plug the Me50 in the fx chain.

IF u mean use fx on distorted or clean channel. Well depends what sound u want to achieve.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
he means if its ok to use the amp distortion when using other fx
yes you can do it, you can use the amp distortion and the multiFX distortion at the same time
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Using two distortions at the same time (on the amp and on the multieffect) will probably sound bad. But you could use for instance the amp distortion and a flanger or something on the pedal. Or you could use the amp distortion and use the pedal to slightly push it. There are no rights or wrong really, just experiment with it till you get the sound you want. If you don't use insane amounts of volume you won't damage your amp.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by Dardarian
Using two distortions at the same time (on the amp and on the multieffect) will probably sound bad. But you could use for instance the amp distortion and a flanger or something on the pedal. Or you could use the amp distortion and use the pedal to slightly push it. There are no rights or wrong really, just experiment with it till you get the sound you want. If you don't use insane amounts of volume you won't damage your amp.

using 2 distortions is kind of common, many guitarrist use amp distortion and use another distortion to boost the amp
altough i am sure someone will explain it better
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
You can mix and match as you see fit. Just comes down to if you like the tone or not.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yes you can. Using an OD model then your amp distortion. However, modulation fx and delays arent good in front of a distortion channel. Unless you got an fx loop, your tone would be not awful.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Thanks guys, that really helps. Sorry i didn't word the question that well but seems you guys knew what i was rambling about. :P
On a solid state amp use the clean channel, if you've got a tube amp then you've got more options because you'll be able to mix pedal distortion with the amp's distortion - if you try that on a solid state amp it usually results in an assload of noise and uncontrollable feedback...

...perhaps try it if you want to play Oasis songs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com