hi

i got a new pc some time ago, which was bought mainly for gaming and work/study. however, im interesting in doing some guitar recordings with it

considering it wasn't built around for music recording, i need some help

this is the setup:

Asus P5Q mobo
hd 4870 gfx card
Intel core2duo E8400
2gb ram
500gb hdd

im guessing i should go with a small usb audio interface? if so, which one you recommend?

edit: maybe line 6 guitar port?

also, im using Vista ultimate 64-bit...need to take into account compatibility issues.
Last edited by Raziel123 at Oct 18, 2008,
I've got a USB-in M-Audio Fasttrack, and it's doing really well for me. I'm using XP right now, though my new tower is here today and has Vista...

If it doesn't work, I'll be suped pissed off.

Either way, I'll come back and post to let you know if it works or not. If it does, I'd highly recommend the fasttrack. Small, simple, affordable, and reliable.

Got 1 1/4 in, one pre-amped mic port, a mono/stereo selector, two line selectable switch (between the 1/4 inch mono as main or the mic in as main), a signal mix on the front, output volume/mic in volume control, clip LED indicator, headphone out. and it runs off USB/Computer power, so no bulky AC box.

Edit - I'm always leary of Line 6. Usually, their over-digitalize things and it comes out sounding overly processed.

The only worthwhile thing I've used by them is the POD XT live, and even that comes across as sterile at times.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
yeah i dont trust line 6 much, despite being used by my fav artist steven wilson. its just that the TonePort GX is at 65euros, pretty damn cheap.

of course, cheap is a two-meanings word...

let me know when you try the m-audio on vista, i'd apreciate that thanks!
Last edited by Raziel123 at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by Raziel123
yeah i dont trust line 6 much, despite being used by my fav artist steven wilson. its just that the TonePort GX is at 65euros, pretty damn cheap.

of course, cheap is a two-meanings word...

let me know when you try the m-audio on vista, i'd apreciate that thanks!

No sweat, man. I'll have a post back to you by the end of the day. My puter should be here by noon.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
god dammnit, the cheap miditech midi keyboard i had doesn't work on vista 64-bit