Hello,

I have a Les Paul Supreme and I'm trying to drop a new pickup in it. The only problem is, I don't know how.

It's not that I know how to wire it up, I do. The problem is, the guitar has no cavities. You're supposed to access the pots from the jack plate but there is no head room at all.

I don't even think I can shove my soldering pen up there and see what I'm doing.

Anybody have any tips?

Here's a couple of crappy shots of the cavity

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
there should be cavities on the back. directly behind the pots...

unless its different to every les paul i have ever seen... (which is by no means all of them)
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
there should be cavities on the back. directly behind the pots...

unless its different to every les paul i have ever seen... (which is by no means all of them)

It doesn't because it is different than every Les Paul you've ever seen.

It has an arched back and front and no back plates to access the cavities.

You access them through the enlarged jack plate.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
how about undoing the nut that holds the pots in and letting them fall inside? then replacing the pups and trying to get them back in?
Thank you please.
Last edited by deadlydunc at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by deadlydunc
sorry about that then... good luck.

I'll need it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Haha, oh wow.

How on earth are you supposed to fit anything through that?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Are you going to change the wiring? If not can't you just cut the cables from the old pick-ups and solder them to the new ones? Then you only have to remove the pick-ups.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
I'm not much help, but the first time i saw one of those, i was way too confused, because there was no control cavity... and this was why. i think you can disconnect the pups from where they're mounted and just replace them that way... but i'm not sure about pot replacements or anything.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by KnarkoV
Are you going to change the wiring? If not can't you just cut the cables from the old pick-ups and solder them to the new ones? Then you only have to remove the pick-ups.

I probably could do that. How well would that work?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I probably could do that. How well would that work?

How well can you solder?

If you don't cut the old wires TOO close to the old pick-ups, then you could extend them at a later date if you wanted to use them.

Solder the joints and use heat shrink tubing over them to keep them insulated and secure.
Quote by Skeet UK
How well can you solder?

If you don't cut the old wires TOO close to the old pick-ups, then you could extend them at a later date if you wanted to use them.

Solder the joints and use heat shrink tubing over them to keep them insulated and secure.

Alright, I'll give it a go. Cheers!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster