(I've posted this in The Pit because I don't know where else to put this question)

So, I've been fooling aroud with the harmonica lately (Got a MS BLues Harp in the key of F and a Pure Tone in the key of C) and I really like it.
But because of my ignorance with the theory that's behind the harmonica I can't improve myself.

I wanted to ask if there is anyone here who plays the harmonica also and is very well known with it and could give me some words of advice or sites that I should be looking at.

My main questions are;

How does the harmonica relates to the guitar?
What kind of techniques are there available that I should know of?

Thanks in regard.
I have an MS Blues Harp in A, I just blow it and try to make melodies and shit but I want to learn how to use it properly.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Well, I've tried to put the notes on the guitar together with an major scale on the guitar.

So in my position that would be in the C major scale.

Blowing in at the 1th gives me a C
Blowing out at the 1th gives me a D
Blowing in at the 2nd hole gives me an E.

That's all correct, but when it comes to blowing out at the 2nd hole (which gives me also an imperfect tune) I omit one note on the C major scale on the guitar (so I omit F) and then go directly to a G note.

Anyone got a clue on this?
Im not a harmonica player, but i do know that they go up in notes and breathing in and out changes pitch as well, so you have to know a scale or two to really play something.
Thats my guess =/
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Yeah that's what I'm trying to find out.

So I can fit an scale on the guitar to the harmonica so I know which chords can be used on a certain harmonica (Like in the key of C)
My dad has been playing harmonica since he was around 11. I'll ask him later if I get a chance
I've got a couple of diatonic harps and while I haven't played in a while I still know the theory behind it. Unfortunately my understanding is limited to playing blues as that's all I enjoy with the harp. If you are trying to play blues you have to play in second position, which means if the guitar is playing a 12 bar blues in G you play a long on a C diatonic harp.

Techniques:
Bending is the basic technique to learn, you can't tell others how to do it, you have to learn yourself, you drop the pitch of the note by altering your mouth position, you're not actually bending the reeds, and unlike guitar it drops the pitch.
Overblow/Overdraws are really rather difficult, I haven't been able to do them yet, look up on google how to do them.
I play harmonica. I learned basiccly from pair of pitch pipes.

Then i got a harmonica.

Then i got bored.

then i learned bass.

and here am today.
I play harmonica pretty good.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.