Page 1 of 2
I take no credit for this, my friend thought of it last night.

My friend argues that there is nothing in the world that everyone would agree on, except the fact that there is nothing in the world that everybody could agree on.

But since there is something to agree on, doesn't that make this statement a paradox?
Quote by HoldFastHope
I take no credit for this, my friend thought of it last night.

My friend argues that there is nothing in the world that everyone would agree on, except the fact that there is nothing in the world that everybody could agree on.

But since there is something to agree on, doesn't that make this statement a paradox?

but not everyone agrees on that statement.

this statement is false.
Incorrect. I believe that everyone would agree to the fact that everything eventually dies.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Incorrect. I believe that everyone would agree to the fact that everything eventually dies.

One word: Creationists.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Isn't that the same as "Everyone Is Unique"?

Everybody is different, but if everyone is different, different is the same, so everyone is the same, hence, not unique.
Unless everyones different is a different type of different, then, we are all differently uniquely different.

Amidoinitright?
There is plenty in the world that everyone agrees on . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
My avatar is red. Who agrees? Raise your hand.

Unless you are Asian.. Then feel me up or something.
S T R A W B E R R I E S
<333

sex

Strawberries
No, because im sure you could find someone in the world that doesnt agree with the statement 'there is nothing in the world that everyone would agree on'.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Well, I have thought about that same statement before, it creates a massive head-ache to be honest, but yes, the statement itself is a paradox
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Quote by Mortalitas
No, because im sure you could find someone in the world that doesnt agree with the statement 'there is nothing in the world that everyone would agree on'.

But then you would agree on the fact that you don't agree on anything
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Some things everyone in the world agrees on, unless they're just disagreeing to be an asshole.
1. There are days and nights, barring language barriers (that is, days and nights are agreed upon to occur, regardless of what you call them.)
2. What goes up must come down (eventually.)
3. Humans need oxygen in some form to survive.
4. There is a surface beneath us, whether it be the Earth or the back of a giant turtle.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by JosephBerger
But then you would agree on the fact that you don't agree on anything

Dammit.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Quote by wtf290
Some things everyone in the world agrees on, unless they're just disagreeing to be an asshole.
1. There are days and nights, barring language barriers (that is, days and nights are agreed upon to occur, regardless of what you call them.)
2. What goes up must come down (eventually.)
3. Humans need oxygen in some form to survive.
4. There is a surface beneath us, whether it be the Earth or the back of a giant turtle.

And the list go on and on, This is just more to add to the paradox.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
This is like russles paradox, but makes less sense. I'm sure there are things everyone agrees on, some of which have been mentioned.
That isn't a paradox. The word "except" removes that tag because it shows an exception to the original statement. If I showed you 3 squares and a circle, and I said "those are all squares EXCEPT the circle," it would not be a paradox. However, I disagree, we can all agree on certain things without a doubt. Several have been listed, it's not as much of a mindphluck as you think.. We did logic in my basic geometry class.
Quote by drybanana
My avatar is red. Who agrees? Raise your hand.

not nececelery, color blind people might think its yellow and therefore disagree.

ha bitch
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
MINDF*CK

I just shit bricks
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by mrwaffles
Every rule, without exception, has exceptions.

even this rule have exepction
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by mrwaffles
Every rule, without exception, has exceptions.

I was about to say that that isn't a paradox as you could argue it's the exception to its own rule, but then it would make the no exceptions part wrong therefore it's paradox am i right?

and also its tricky this paradox stuff.
I'm sure you could find someone to disagree with it.

Its a bit of a 'Theres an exception to every rule, without exception' really isn't it...
Quote by AceOfBlades
It's not a paradox, more a self-contradiction.

+1
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I think it's called an exception.

I also think that the sentence should be rephrased.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by SDZAKKMF
That isn't a paradox. The word "except" removes that tag because it shows an exception to the original statement. If I showed you 3 squares and a circle, and I said "those are all squares EXCEPT the circle," it would not be a paradox. However, I disagree, we can all agree on certain things without a doubt. Several have been listed, it's not as much of a mindphluck as you think.. We did logic in my basic geometry class.

This. I can't believe it took 24 posts for someone to realize that.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by strat0blaster

You would be wrong...I, for one, agree...but just about every religion out there promises 'eternal life'...so it would depend on what you classify as 'dead'.
Everything i say is a lie

Think about that, if your lying then that phrase is true, contradicting what you said, but if it is a lie then that means what you said is juts a lie meaning it true therefore contradicting yourself again

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by SDZAKKMF

This.
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
Its like when i say the only thing we can truly say for sure that we know is that we don't know everything.
There are things that everyone in the world will agree upon. Stuff like...

1. life is finite, everyone dies at some point
2. human beings shit
3. humans need to eat to stay alive

and other stuff like that
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by strat0blaster

What about that which never lives to begin with? 0_o
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Last edited by miguelito2729 at Oct 18, 2008,
Page 1 of 2