How does one try to use a guitar that no one sells? I want to try a '57 Strat, and Guitar Center only carries modern guitars.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
You get lucky and find it elsewhere.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Any other advice?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
that's probably the best idea... check craigs list, or ebay listings in your area and contact the sellers.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Quote by trutrojan8
that's probably the best idea... check craigs list, or ebay listings in your area and contact the sellers.

I could try that, thanks. One local store may have the axe I want to try, but I was just checking.
Quote by chip46
check your local guitar shops. the one around me is a custom shop dealer. they have guitars ranging from the original 57 les paul gold top and fender custom shop relic to reissue gretch and charvel custom. not to mention all the high end boutique amps like the original Marshall plexi and conford(i think that's how you spell it?)
I really like the Classic Players Jazzmaster, but didn't like the '60s Classic Player Strat, I don;t know if that was the '69 pup's tone, because I want an early '60s late '50s tone. I assumed I wouldn't like the '57 or '62 Strat, but I want to check.
Quote by chip46
my 57 reissued strat is one of the best strat i ever played. each pickup has its own tone. and the neck just feel soo smooth. the 62 is about the same with different pickup i believe. apart from that i couldn't really tell the difference.
Quote by kckyle
my 57 reissued strat is one of the best strat i ever played. each pickup has its own tone. and the neck just feel soo smooth. the 62 is about the same with different pickup i believe. apart from that i couldn't really tell the difference.

The '62 has the same pickups, only a different neck and fretboard, the '57 has a maple fretboard, and V neck, versus the '62s rosewood fretboard and C neck.
Quote by chip46