View poll results: WHICH 7 PUP OF DOOM?
Tone Zone 7
6 43%
D-Activator 7
3 21%
OTHER
5 36%
Voters: 14.
im getting an Ibanez RG7321 some time next week and i want to upgrade the bridge pup to get the best sound out of it. im looking to get a good heavy tone but still have good cleans. i love the DiMarzio Tone Zone in my RGA121 so i was thinking about the Tone Zone 7. but then i was also thinking about getting the DiMarzio D-Activator 7 just cause it seems like its made for metal, only thing im scetchy about is the fact that its braged about for its active like tone, and i dont like actives as my tone. which do yall think? and im open to other suggestions too
I'd say D-sonic or SD Blackout, but that's just me.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
BKP Nailbomb or Painkiller
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
tone zone.i luv em
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
D-sonic or PAF would be best for having good cleans on the bridge as well, I dig my d-activators in my xiphos, but the cleans aren't anything special.
im really not looking for anything special clean wise, just as long as it doesnt make my ears bleed. im mainly gonna be playing unearth style stuff, hence the 7 string , and if i need to dress up my cleans ive got reverb, sitar, chorus, and wah to do with as i please
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
BKP Nailbomb or Painkiller

He's from the states, I honestly can't justify $200+ per pickup. I'd like a set, not at new prices though.

I recommend the dropsonic.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I am also thinking about ToneZone (bridge) Paf Pro (Neck) for my Ibanez. Which 7 string artist has this set up?
Quote by TheShred201
It's not even $300 a set anymore mesa (if you know where to buy them), we get them cheaper than people in the UK that I've talked to.

Uhh... they were $400 a set. Link please?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Are you on sevenstring.org? A member there has a store under construction, and has had some very nice prices. I'll be getting a miracle man set for my mockingbird from him next month hopefully. When I was looking into them a month or so ago I found some places that had them at $315-320 a set, but I don't remember where.

So far prices from where I'll be getting mine from that I've seen:
Cold Sweat 7 (bridge) ... $149.95 SOLD
Cold Sweat 6 (bridge, f-spaced, white) ... $135.00
Miracle Man 7 (bridge) ... $149.95 SOLD
Nailbomb 6 (bridge, black satin cover, f-spaced, hex poles) ... $139.95
Warpig 7 Calibrated Set (Ceramic Bridge, Alnico Neck) ... $299.95

And apparently due to exchange rate stuff they may even be a bit less than that now.
I'll give you specifics on who next time I talk to you (The website for his store isn't finished yet)
D-sonic IMO
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
D-Sonic IMO

Quote by bowen
D-sonic or PAF would be best for having good cleans on the bridge as well, I dig my d-activators in my xiphos, but the cleans aren't anything special.

Quote by bjoern_swe
I'd say D-sonic or SD Blackout, but that's just me.

I think the D-Sonic is a great pickup, but is it available in a 7 string format?

GOOGLE SEARCH EDIT:

Yes, yes it does come in 7 string. My bad. The 'Trooch plays 7s all the time too, though less now than before, I should have known.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Last edited by Dudage at Oct 22, 2008,
I voted other and suggest the plain and simple Blaze bridge model.

DiMarzio claims the Blaze "bears a strong resemblance to the Steve's Special." If you're looking for a heavy tone that will clean up nice, the Steve's Special will do it therefore the Blaze should do it.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"