ok so im lookin at videos of my fav guitar players and im watching them shred up and down the fretboard almost effortlessly and im wondering how in the hell can i get like that. i wouldnt call myself and absolute begginer so some things i can do but i have trouble putting it all together. my picking hand is fast enough to where i can almost n e thing but my fretting hand is some wut slow. i tend to point my pinky "sometimes" when i fret with my 2nd finger also. any tips?
1. It'd be nice if you put a little more effort into proper grammar and spelling. Half the time it doesn't even save time to use text short hand. Example--anything vs. n e thing. any=3 letters. n e =2 letters and 2 spaces for 4 total characters.
2. Read the stickies.
3. Practice slowly and work on hand synchronization.
Quote by »RaTm«
ok so im lookin at videos of my fav guitar players and im watching them shred up and down the fretboard almost effortlessly and im wondering how in the hell can i get like that. i wouldnt call myself and absolute begginer so some things i can do but i have trouble putting it all together. my picking hand is fast enough to where i can almost n e thing but my fretting hand is some wut slow. i tend to point my pinky "sometimes" when i fret with my 2nd finger also. any tips?

There seems to be a couple of problems here. The first and easiest to address is the picking hand/fretting hand thing which is simple: your fretting is fast enough you're just not co-ordinated so slow down and build up co-ordination between the two using a metronome.

2 - Your pinky. Slow down to the point at which you can really control what you're doing and practice with your pinky doing exactly what you want until you don't have to think about it.

3 - Theory. Learn it. "The Crusade" articles by Josh Urban are a good place to start.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.