Hello, I recently purchased a Zoom 8050 Advanced Midi footboard and I have no idea how to use it. I picked it up for $6, and it was a gamble, as I had no idea what to do with it. I have a few questions.

I know that the board has 5 pedals which store 10 tones, as well a a pedal to group 3 different effects together. There is a switch on the back for standard or extended modes (What does that mean?) and There is two jacks for Expression pedals, And one MIDI jack. and the power cable port.

My questions are as follows.

Firstly, Do I plug this into my guitar or amp? There is no Jack for guitar, or amp for that matter, Just, Exp. Pedal 1 and Exp. Pedal 2. So, Does this plug into my guitar or amp? and which jack do I use?

Second, I know this is a midi foot board, but what is the midi jack for? does it have to be plugged into a computer to work? My computer doesn't have a midi jack as far as I can tell... Do I need a PA or EQ to plug it into?

Third, What are the standard and extended modes? What do they do and which is better for what situation?

I got this thing used at a garage sale, and it had no box, no instructions or anything, just the board. I looked online and i can't find a manual for it anywhere. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I want to use this thing if I can.

Thanks Alot, Deluster
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
While that was useful and all, I just hoped to ask advice, as if you had read carfully you would see that I wasn't able to find it through google or their website, If someone else would be kind enough to take the time to ANSWER a question or two, instead of reply on how you must be better than me or something, I would appreciate it
Quote by Leybick

Gear:
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
It might be used to control rack effects(via MIDI), but that's just a guess.
yeah like the guy above it could be used to control some rack effects. or if you have a modeling amp, like some behringers, you can control the effects that are on the amp that way. or use it in some recording situations.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
I have a vox Valvetronix amp, It has 12 effects on it. So, I don't have a rack though, so was this a bad purchase?

How do I go about controlling my amps effects with it? I am not sure. I thought I was getting a multieffect pedal, but I guess I was wrong...

How do I hook it up to my amp? In one of the Expression pedal jacks?

I know how to save sounds to the pedals, Just not how to go about hooking the damn thing up...
Quote by Leybick

Gear:
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
You don't have a MIDI compatible amp or effects, so no you can't use it. They're designed for amps like Diezels which have a built in MIDI plug.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau