I plugged my Marshall MG100DFX(combo amp) speaker chord into the back of a Marshall Superlead 100W head. I checked to make sure the chord was coming out of the speaker part of the combo amp, not the preamp part. So I made sure everything is plugged in, checked to make sure ohms were the same(was 4 ohms), and I turned on the combo amp. Then I turned the head on Standby and let it go for about 45 seconds. Then I switched the head on, but was getting no sound. The red power switch was lighting up. There was no sign of overheating, no smoke, and the tubes weren't looking that hot.

After I was getting no sound I immediately turned the power off. I tried putting the speaker chord in different inputs on the back of the head, but it didn't work.

I checked the fuses, they looked fine. I opened the back panel but nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Is something messed up really badly? Or is it most likely something repairable?
You did hit the stanby switch as well didn't you? lol

edit: sorry didn't read it thoroughly
Last edited by lewis_grey at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by Geartrigger
What was the cord plugged into on the Mg?

The cord came out through a hole that went down into the speaker area. It is normally plugged into the MG preamp but I put it in the head instead.
Should be able to use the MG speaker for the amp head. You wouldnt have to turn on the MG tho as it wouldnt be connected to the speaker anymore. The speaker on the MG wouldnt be plugged into the preamp it would be plugged into the speaker out jack. If the superlead didnt have a speaker load when turned on it will create some serious problems.
Quote by Tackleberry
Should be able to use the MG speaker for the amp head. You wouldnt have to turn on the MG tho as it wouldnt be connected to the speaker anymore. The speaker on the MG wouldnt be plugged into the preamp it would be plugged into the speaker out jack. If the superlead didnt have a speaker load when turned on it will create some serious problems.

Hm, the MG was turned on when I turned the head on. However, the speaker part was still connected to the Superlead head. Even though no sound came out, the head should still be fine because it was plugged into a speaker, right?
I don't see why not.
I don't understand though, why you would plug a Masterful Marshall Superlead into MG speakers. Its blasphemous
Its generally not a good idea to put the the speaker jack into random holes in the back of the head. Make sure this "speaker jack" your using is actually going to the speaker and go from there.