http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-vera101708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Brandon Vera (UFC Fighter) was at his grappling trainers home, when two gunmen came in trying to rob them. Tough luck trying to rob a UFC trainer and Fighter.

Brandon Vera is coming off a life-changing experience, but right now he doesn’t have the time to focus on or think about it.

On Oct. 4, while at the home of his grappling trainer, Lloyd Irvin, in Accokeek, Md., Irvin’s home was broken into by two gunmen at 4:30 a.m.

The gunmen pointed their weapons at Vera, Irvin, along with Irvin’s wife and young son, while demanding cash and jewelry.

While one gunmen focused on Vera, the other forced Irvin to go into the bedroom to get the family jewelry. While in the bedroom, feeling he was far enough away that he wouldn’t be putting his family in jeopardy, Irvin made a move and disarmed the gunman.

The intruder ran off, screaming to his partner that the guy had got the gun, and his partner then also ran off.

But with Vera in the final stages of training, only a few days before leaving for the United Kingdom for his UFC 89 fight on Saturday night with Keith Jardine in Birmingham, he’s tried as best he can to remove it from his mind.

“I don’t want to talk about it until after the fight,” Vera said. “We were back training the next day.”

There was little choice, as this fight is the proverbial fork in the road for Vera’s career, and he’s facing a fighter in almost the same situation.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

I think that is the defination of 'epic fail'
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
lol. fail.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Wtf? If someone is pointing at gun at you and your family over money you dont play a hero. How did he know the other guy didn't have a gun too? Or a knife or something.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Wtf? If someone is pointing at gun at you and your family over money you dont play a hero. How did he know the other guy didn't have a gun too? Or a knife or something.

He was in a different room than his family it said.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Quote by TheHobbit
He was in a different room than his family it said.

Yes... with one gunman, who apparently escaped.
Dumbass. He already has money. Why to endanger your family over some jewels?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

What a hero. I wish more people were like this man.
To much f*cking cowards these days who complain about the increased rate of attacks and robbery but are to afraid to do anything about it or stand up for themselves.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
FASTER TOM!!!! RUNN!! He's got the gun!

Russell WTF!

Im sorry but what the hell are you talking about?
I bet it was all an elaborate surprise for the family, while the other gunman took him away he was saying 'DONT WORRY! THESE ARENT REAL GUNS! We've been sent to tell you that you can get 10% off at Sears!!!!"

Then he had to take it too far and chase them away...
Quote by Godsmack_IV
FASTER TOM!!!! RUNN!! He's got the gun!

Russell WTF!

You win! In all seriousness, sort of cool but he didn't need to play the hero.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Minkaro
Ignore him. He's an idiot.

Excuse my stupidity but were you talking about my post or replying to me? lol
Quote by GrEgUms1991

I believe it was in reference to me.
Quote by GrEgUms1991

Replying. I'm not telling you to ignore yourself

Faster Tom Run is a shitty meme. Well, I say meme, but that implies it was somewhat amusing at one point.
Quote by Minkaro
Replying. I'm not telling you to ignore yourself

Faster Tom Run is a shitty meme. Well, I say meme, but that implies it was somewhat amusing at one point.

*embarassed*

I seem to have missed out on this meme. But yeah, people need to realise that they become unfunny very quickly and stop posting them. Captain obvious right here.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Anti-meme alliance: they hate the lulz^^^

I hate the lulz when they're not there.

I smirked at the pear when I first saw it. I might have chuckled at some Chuck Norris jokes. I actually like Never Gonna Give You Up.

But "Run Tom Run" and "Russell what the ****?" are just bad. As is "tits on a whale"

Thing with these memes is however funny they are first time round, when you see them over and over again, it gradually makes you want to take a large rake to the poster's face.
Quote by Kensai
Exactly. Nobody is stronger than a gun.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Minkaro
I hate the lulz when they're not there.

I smirked at the pear when I first saw it. I might have chuckled at some Chuck Norris jokes. I actually like Never Gonna Give You Up.

But "Run Tom Run" and "Russell what the ****?" are just bad. As is "tits on a whale"

Thing with these memes is however funny they are first time round, when you see them over and over again, it gradually makes you want to take a large rake to the poster's face.

It's been out for a while, I think they're fine with moderation. It's really boring when it's just spam but I think the context served this one well here.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
What a hero. I wish more people were like this man.
To much f*cking cowards these days who complain about the increased rate of attacks and robbery but are to afraid to do anything about it or stand up for themselves.

Yeah, damn the idiots who would rather live than say no to a stranger with a gun pointed to your face!

It's not necessarily cowardice if you give in to demands like that.

Life or death situation = You're the boss, chief.
Quote by Archaon
Yeah, damn the idiots who would rather live than say no to a stranger with a gun pointed to your face!

Not only his life, but the life of his family. The other guy could have had a gun, and could have pointed it to his family. Suddenly, a simply robbery turned into a life and death situation and a possible shutout.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Godsmack_IV
It's been out for a while, I think they're fine with moderation. It's really boring when it's just spam but I think the context served this one well here.

I like you. I apologise for calling you an idiot.
Quote by Minkaro
I like you. I apologise for calling you an idiot.

No hurt feelings, that word is thrown about so much it's like background noise.
Quote by Archaon

Hold up. If they pointed a gun to my face then they are the man in charge.
If they have a knife or no weapon at all then i think its best to know how to handle yourself in a fight.
Quote by Kensai

because hes a ufc fighter?
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by rasveer
because hes a ufc fighter?

Does that make him and everyone around him bulletproof and guarantees everyones safety from both unknown threats, items and personel?
Quote by Kensai
Does that make him and everyone around him bulletproof and guarantees everyones safety from both unknown threats, items and personel?

Yes, don't you watch tv? They're like real-life superheroes.
Quote by Kensai

Nope, but if he were a wrestler his ego would.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Hold up. If they pointed a gun to my face then they are the man in charge.
If they have a knife or no weapon at all then i think its best to know how to handle yourself in a fight.

I agree. Though even a knife might be pushing it. If he's intent on killing someone if he doesn't get what he wants, not worth the risk. But if he's just a punk looking to rob some unsuspecting chumps, then I can take a small gash or two while the bitch runs off.
Quote by Archaon
I agree. Though even a knife might be pushing it. If he's intent on killing someone if he doesn't get what he wants, not worth the risk. But if he's just a punk looking to rob some unsuspecting chumps, then I can take a small gash or two while the bitch runs off.

Yeah man, we are on the same page here.
Sometimes you can just tell when some guy will actually use his knife, most just carry it because they are bitches and wont use it. But your right, its not worth the risk if he looks mental or is in a group. It also helps if you have a few friends with you to.
As you may tell ive sadly been in this situation a few times.
Bottom line is, only take the guy if you are confident you can have him, the adreneline kicks in so you can't feel minor scratches etc.
he may have risked his families life, but he didnt kill them.. so shut up and move on.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..