I have been looking for a new bass for a while now, mainly going for a 5 string. I am stuck between 3 different basses. I have played a lot of Ibanez Basses and think they suit me best to different brands (its called an opinion before you slag me off). So here are the 3 I am stuck between.

Ibanez - SR505
Ibanez - SR305
Ibanez - K5 (Fieldy Signature model)

I want to know if anybody has played any of these basses and what would you say about them? Any good?

Also, what are your views about th SG Ibanez basses?

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Out of all of those i would choose the 505. They are good for the money and will last you a long time. But test evreything out soemthing might pop out at you choose the one that feels and sounds right.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
505 or 305. really, it depends on my mood. also, Ibanez has SG basses?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Only played the 300 and I really like it. Want to test the 500, people says it's better.
Quote by the humanity
505 or 305. really, it depends on my mood. also, Ibanez has SG basses?

i think he means soundgear
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
i think he means soundgear

oh. duh.

it's SR, SG is a shape.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yep, I meant Soundgear. My mistake..whoops.

"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
I own a 305, I enjoy it. The 505 is better, you just have to decide if it's worth the extra cash. If money's not an issue and you're looking for something that will keep you happy longer, then definitely go for the 505.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Right. I'm going to see if I can give these basses a play someday and buy which one suits me. Thanks for the help.

Is that what he says?
i'd love to be able to try out the k5. i hate fieldy's tone, but i like his playing, and even though he doesnt use any mids at all, there is still a three-band eq on the new model. if you find a place that has one, let me know
anyways, i'd probably try the 505, mainly cuz i like its tone.
but thats me
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses